• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Peterborough BR Mosaic

Status
Not open for further replies.

MikeWM

Established Member
I seem to remember in the mid-90s Peterborough station having a mosaic of the BR double-arrow logo to the left of the main entrance.

However, I can't find any photos of it, and while I thought I had a photo of it myself, I can't find that either.

Did this actually exist or am I imagining it?! And if it did, does anyone have a photo or know where to find one?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Aictos

Established Member
I seem to remember in the mid-90s Peterborough station having a mosaic of the BR double-arrow logo to the left of the main entrance.

However, I can't find any photos of it, and while I thought I had a photo of it myself, I can't find that either.

Did this actually exist or am I imagining it?! And if it did, does anyone have a photo or know where to find one?

To be honest I don't remember this but I DO remember in the old ticket office where they did reservations eg any tickets that were not walkup and go ones they as in InterCity East Coast had a mural of a Class 91 at speed on the wall.

I've got no idea what happened to it but it's location was more or less where the TVMs are now on the wall behind them.

Don't remember seeing a mosaic though as I'm sure I would have remembered that!

MikeWM

Established Member
For the avoidance of doubt, I'm talking about the outside of the station building. Looking on Google StreetView, there is a brick wall with some posters and some NatWest cash machines. I believe it was about where the cash machines are - if indeed it existed at all, and I didn't dream it :-/

Midnight Sun

No your not dreaming, it was to the left of the main doors. Removed when the station was upgraded 2012/2013.

MikeWM

Established Member
No your not dreaming, it was to the left of the main doors. Removed when the station was upgraded 2012/2013.

That's rather reassuring, thanks :) Surprised it was as late as that it was removed - thought it had vanished before then. (I've been meaning to ask this question for what feels like years...)

Would still be nice to see a photo if anyone has one to hand or knows where one may be found on t'Internet.

Status
Not open for further replies.