• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Plasser & Theurer 09 - 32 CSM tamper/liner

Status
Not open for further replies.

dunkrez

Hi there, I'm looking for a little help and assistance with the P&T 09-32 CSM. I'm currently in the process of re-creating the control cab for one of these beasts in 3DS Max. Please see the reference photo below:
09-32-desk.png

I can figure out most of the controls on the desk itself just by watching various training videos, but I'm having real trouble finding out how exactly these machines are driven? There appears to be a combined throttle/reverser just below the control desk sticking out, and I suspect that the levers on the right are for the brakes. I'd be super grateful if anyone could shed light on the controls, and happily buy a pint for whoever can help me with this conundrum! :)

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

mcmad

I don't sign them but have been in the cab of many tampers both travelling to/from site and in work mode and seem to remember that the bit sticking out is the gear selector and the 2 levers on the right, one is the throttle and one the brake.

dunkrez

McMad, thank you ever so much! I owe you a cool crisp pint :)

If anyone else has anything further to add that might be of use, or would like to assist in the delivery of DR73106 to the Train Simulator community, please add your thoughts here.

Thanks again,

Dunc

dunkrez

Gears and direction is the bit with the U shaped slot under the desk.

Thank you for clarifying that Ploughman, much appreciated.

The lever on the right is marked as the 'drivers brake', so that leaves the lever with the black knob on it, which must be the throttle?

Ploughman

Established Member
Your lever with the black knob is the other brake controller. for the 2 systems Shunt Brake and Train Brake.

In the attached photo of the Drivers desk of an 07 tamper
The Gold coloured block is one of the brake controllers the other is out of sight to the right.
On the square blue plate to the left there is the Throttle lever.
The Red wire loop to the left is the Emergency Dump Brake

Attachments

• 73307 cab drivers desk.jpg
    73307 cab drivers desk.jpg
    805.4 KB · Views: 61

dunkrez

Your lever with the black knob is the other brake controller. for the 2 systems Shunt Brake and Train Brake.

In the attached photo of the Drivers desk of an 07 tamper
The Gold coloured block is one of the brake controllers the other is out of sight to the right.
On the square blue plate to the left there is the Throttle lever.
The Red wire loop to the left is the Emergency Dump Brake

Thank you Ploughman, so where is the throttle on the 09 tamper hiding then!? :)

If you have experience with driving an 09 - 32 CSM, please get in touch, thank you!

This is the best view of the 09-32 cab that I've been able to find; There is a lever just visible to the left of the control desk gauges. I'm going to take a wild stab in the dark that this is the throttle. Please could any OTM crew yay or nay this?

plasser09-32CSM2011_3 (1).jpg

I've scoured these forums looking for any active users that have OTM experience - if you can help, please let me know. Thanks guys.

I've been in touch with a firm that specializes in refurbishing these units.

When I have the answer, I'll report back here with my findings.

Last edited:

dunkrez

UPDATE

A tamper driver has kindly reached out to me - all transfer cab controls have been mapped out properly now as per the original spec.

More news to follow soon :)

And another one, it's a little untidy (only just cracked it, so no speed sync just yet) but it does set expectations of what the thing will do when released:

Enjoy!

Last edited:

dunkrez

Good morning fellow rail enthusiasts, as promised, here's a little update of where we are at with the development of DR73106 for Train Simulator....

Have a great lockdown free weekend!

Status
Not open for further replies.