• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Platform 17 at Clapham Junction

Status
Not open for further replies.

STEVIEBOY1

Established Member
Good evening,

I may be travelling with my small, elderly mother from Milton Keynes to Shepperton next week, it's more convenient to use the Southern direct service although it is so much slower than it used to be. Does anyone know if there is a lift on Platform 17 at CLJ?. I can ask the train crew to put a ramp from train to platform as it is a big gap, but the stairs are not good on that platform when one is over 80. If it's a prob, we'll do LM to Eus and get a taxi or bus across to WAT. Tks Stephen.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

class377man

It's officially an SWT station but staff from both TOCs are present and numerous. Contact Southern if anyone, it's their train on their platform.

A-driver

Established Member
Regardless of who runs the station always contact the TOC u are travelling with. They will sort it through the other TOC where needed.

wintonian

Established Member
Regardless of who runs the station always contact the TOC u are travelling with. They will sort it through the other TOC where needed.

True if for example you a traveling with both SWT and FGW when you contact one they should contact the other if assistance from the other TOC is required.

However if you only required assistance at Bath but not Southampton then there would be no need for FGW to contact SWT but SWT should contact FGW if you rang them instead.

Heck if you really wanted to you could ring Scotrail who would advise you of which TOC to contact.

Status
Not open for further replies.