• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Platform Passes for trainspotting

Status
Not open for further replies.

Olliethegamer

Hello i was wondering if anyone knew about passes to get onto platforms which you can use multiple times instead of having to ask at reception each time

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Peter C

Established Member
Hello i was wondering if anyone knew about passes to get onto platforms which you can use multiple times instead of having to ask at reception each time
Welcome to the forum :)
Which stations were you thinking of? I'm not aware of platform passes allowing the user to use them multiple times, but at most stations, staff members seem to be alright with spotters if you just ask if it's alright for you to watch the trains. Some stations may require you to buy a platform ticket which I think allows you 1 hour on a platform for £1 but I'm not sure as I've never needed one.

-Peter

Train Boy

Some stations may require you to buy a platform ticket which I think allows you 1 hour on a platform for £1 but I'm not sure as I've never needed one.

I do believe they're 10p but largely unused nowadays it seems. I think it is just the larger Network Rail stations that require the sign in - such as Waterloo and Birmingham New Street, but on the opposite side, it isn't ever a problem at Paddington in my own personal experiences if you opt to not sign in.

trainmania100

Established Member
No point buying a platform ticket,
The times I've tried, they don't work in the gateline and you end up having to explain yourself to the gateline staff anyway. Save that 10p for the minstrels machine down the pub

Status
Not open for further replies.