• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Podcast: Signals to Danger - Railway disasters in the UK

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Cowley

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Global Moderator
Very interesting episode Dan. It’s one I’d heard of before but didn’t know all that much about. The violence of the crash and the damage to the stock was truly shocking and in a way it’s surprising that there weren’t more fatalities and injuries.

malc-c

Dan, I know the schedule is not set in stone, but am I right in thinking the next episode is running a little late ?

tpfx89

Dan, I know the schedule is not set in stone, but am I right in thinking the next episode is running a little late ?
Hi Malc,

It is a little, been trying to keep up but I've just finished my last proper week in my current job and I'm getting married in 4 and a half weeks so time has been very tight of late. Time booked off work for the next week and a half though so hoping (but not promising) to get two out before the 28th.

Sorry about that!

Cowley

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Global Moderator
Hi Malc,

It is a little, been trying to keep up but I've just finished my last proper week in my current job and I'm getting married in 4 and a half weeks so time has been very tight of late. Time booked off work for the next week and a half though so hoping (but not promising) to get two out before the 28th.

Sorry about that!

Well I’m sure all of us would like to wish you congratulations sir. :)

bearhugger

Congratulations on the forthcoming wedding!

malc-c

Hi Malc,

Sorry about that!

No need to apologise, we're just so hooked on the series you've produced.

Congratulation on your forthcoming wedding... just a word of advice.... editing the podcast on you wedding night to meet the deadline won't go down too well with the wife :)

All the best Dan, and hope the big day goes well for you both

tpfx89

No need to apologise, we're just so hooked on the series you've produced.

Congratulation on your forthcoming wedding... just a word of advice.... editing the podcast on you wedding night to meet the deadline won't go down too well with the wife :)

All the best Dan, and hope the big day goes well for you both
I think if the laptop makes it to the venue I might not make it to the reception!

malc-c

I'm guessing you didn't manage to smuggle the laptop into the honeymoon suit :)

So looking forward to the next episode... :)

Hope you are enjoying wedded life...but still find time to continue with these excellent podcasts

tpfx89

Hi Malc,

I did not, and I do thank people for their patience! After the frantic last few weeks, Saturday went spectacularly and I'm a very happy man!

Lucky for everyone though, that happiness will include podcasting, so I'm raring to go with the next episode, and I'm hoping to pick up again with a big one!

247885415_10165358394015570_1733343833425266907_n.jpg

Eyersey468

Established Member
Hi Malc,

I did not, and I do thank people for their patience! After the frantic last few weeks, Saturday went spectacularly and I'm a very happy man!

Lucky for everyone though, that happiness will include podcasting, so I'm raring to go with the next episode, and I'm hoping to pick up again with a big one!

View attachment 104660
Congratulations on your wedding.

Inversnecky

Lovely photo, congratulations!

Meantime I’ve been listening to the ‘back catalogue’, while you get a well deserved break.

tpfx89

Lovely photo, congratulations!

Meantime I’ve been listening to the ‘back catalogue’, while you get a well deserved break.
Ah great,

Break is over now though, I've got the next episode on the move now, and I've also decided to use the break to call this season 2!

tpfx89

I don't know if I'd do Norton, for the sole reason that another podcaster did an amazing job on it last year. And although he had to delete his podcast, I did manage to find a version of it still live here Steel Wheels- I really would go and look at it, well, listen.

But, in other news...

Eyersey468

Established Member
I don't know if I'd do Norton, for the sole reason that another podcaster did an amazing job on it last year. And although he had to delete his podcast, I did manage to find a version of it still live here Steel Wheels- I really would go and look at it, well, listen.

But, in other news...
Thank you I'll listen to it when I get in

malc-c

All I can say is that it was worth the wait..... at almost an hour and a half (for me I like this new format) it felt unrushed and covered this instance well

Loved it.