• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Porterbrook Cl.769 'Flex' trains from 319s, initially for Northern

D9006

Well said. I have travelled on a number of 769s in recent weeks and their performance on both electric and diesel has been very satisfactory.
It’s not just that, being 4 car units you are almost guaranteed a seat now on peak workings, before them it was a lottery if train was2 or 4 car

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Geeves

Established Member
Fleet summary today - Looking good!

424, 431, 442, 448 and 450 are out

431 and 456 Allerton

458 - Newton Heath

Jamesrob637

Established Member
It was almost impossible to miss the Southport to Alderley Edge 769s because they never ran on time, to the extent that I stopped bothering with the timetable when I wanted to go from Heaton Chapel to Wilmslow - I just turned up at a random time and a random train arrived. The change back to running the Crewe line services out of the main station at Piccadilly instead has vastly improved the service which was destroyed in 2018. Yes, it was occasionally nice to get the train home from Oxford Road but that was worsened by their poor time keeping plus random platform re-allocation at Oxford Road.

My new job will be nearer Piccadilly anyway on office days, and I may drive to Heaton Chapel some days because the service from Woodsmoor is only adequate.

431 and 456 Allerton

458 - Newton Heath

Good! Hope that can be the case every day from now on. Don't think Northern operate any on Sundays though, maybe one or two sets.

AMD

431 and 456 Allerton

458 - Newton Heath
oh well, it was nice while it lasted - 458 came out on 2W27 from Victoria and managed as far as Salford Crescent.

david l

My new job will be nearer Piccadilly anyway on office days, and I may drive to Heaton Chapel some days because the service from Woodsmoor is only adequate.

Good! Hope that can be the case every day from now on. Don't think Northern operate any on Sundays though, maybe one or two sets.
None out on a Sunday. there are 6/8 diagrammed Mon-Sat, there were 6 out Thurs but 5 yesterday with 458 pulling up lame- but engineering work at weekends on the Wigan-Bolton/Atherton route means alterations from Jan-Mar 2024.