• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Potential hot weather disruption 11th-14th August

Status
Not open for further replies.

dk1

Veteran Member
There's currently a liner in the Sohan to Ely section so not closed yet. 1 liner waiting in the two way goods at Peterborough and another not left Ipswich currently.
Liner is examining the line at 20mph from what I understand.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

TheBigD

Established Member
Liner is examining the line at 20mph from what I understand.
The Ipswich to Peterborough service behind has passed Chippenham Junction, and the Peterborough to Ipswich is approaching Ely so will see if they get through.

TheBigD

Established Member
The late running 4L28 has just left Peterborough heading eastwards to Felixstowe so that would suggest the Ely to Soham route remains open.

dk1

Veteran Member
Reopened at 20mph ufn. Would imagine most Ipswich-Peterborough services will not operate beyond Ely unless they turn at March.

TheBigD

Established Member
Reopened at 20mph ufn. Would imagine most Ipswich-Peterborough services will not operate beyond Ely unless they turn at March.
1156 Ipswich to Peterborough running all the way through. Currently 30 late, so it's 1350 return will be around 20 late..

Liners also running through so I'd expect the delays to creep up throughout the afternoon/early evening.

dk1

Veteran Member
1156 Ipswich to Peterborough running all the way through. Currently 30 late, so it's 1350 return will be around 20 late..

Liners also running through so I'd expect the delays to creep up throughout the afternoon/early evening.
Yes I’m very surprised about the 11:56. Far shorter delays usually results in spinning at Ely.

TheBigD

Established Member
Yes I’m very surprised about the 11:56. Far shorter delays usually results in spinning at Ely.
Indeed. The 1356 has terminated at Ely 19 minutes late. There's now some congestion as 4L45 is waiting in the up loop to head east whilst another liner (4L38) has been stood blocking the March Line at Ely north junction for the best part of an 30+ minutes with a couple of passenger trains stood behind it.

Kite159

Veteran Member
20mph limit between Eastleigh & Fareham, although I think it might have gotten lifted early due to a lineside fire on the line between St Denys & Fareham forcing some diverted services via Hedge End, the single track section at the Fareham not helping.

Established Member
EMR are warning of possible disruption to the Corby services tomorrow. Also due to the strikes the Liverpool services are now shown as full to capacity.

Due to strike action affecting neighbouring train operators EMR services from Liverpool Lime Street – Nottingham have now been identified as being at full capacity on Saturday 13 August and have been removed from sale. Please do not try to travel on these routes unless you have a valid EMR ticket.

Find out the latest information on strike action.

Due to extreme heat the EMR Connect (Corby-St Pancras) service is highly likely to have severe disruption from 12pm as temperatures rise to their predicted peak. Please only travel if necessary. More info here

Jimini

Established Member
The handful of West Ham fans I know that are heading up for Sunday's game have booked via. Kings X / Grantham. Only time will tell whether that was a shrewd move or not!

dk1

Veteran Member
Just got on the 9.52 from Lime Street. Front carriages are practically empty on leaving there at least
Suppose many for Manchester would get the following TPE to Victoria which is quicker. That room is often needed from Warrington.

Essan

Rail services on the West Highland Line disrupted due to high temperatures

ScotRail has enforced speed restrictions along the Glasgow to Mallaig line today as a result of high track temperatures.
Services operating to and from Oban and Mallaig are being directly affected by the changes.

Disruption is expected until the end of the day.

Temperatures in Oban have reached highs of 23 degrees with Mallaig experiencing highs of 20 degrees.

I know shade temps in towns do not necessrily have a bearing on exposed track temps elsewhere, but 23c is hardly hot, or even unusual for the West Highlands! Or maybe such speed restrictions are a regular thing in summer and I have just never heard of it before?

dk1

Veteran Member

I know shade temps in towns do not necessrily have a bearing on exposed track temps elsewhere, but 23c is hardly hot, or even unusual for the West Highlands! Or maybe such speed restrictions are a regular thing in summer and I have just never heard of it before?
I was told that heat sensors have been fitted on many routes know so maybe explains why it's becoming more of a thing. Saying that though it's been quite prolonged & exceptional this year.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.