• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Potential new use for the 442's? A1 trust announce new mk3 based charter train

Status
Not open for further replies.

gimmea50anyday

Established Member
https://www.a1steam.com/2016/10/04/tornado-get-state-o-art-charter-train/

This could be interesting. No mk3s from Anglia or TPE until 2019 but the coaches are supposedly available now and plans to run a test train in 2017....

Hope they took into account mk3s need an ETH supply which Tornado hasnt got.....

Seriously tho this could be fantastic for the charter market as long as DDA requirements can be sorted.

Does this mean loco hauled conversion of the 442s will now go ahead?

*lights touchpaper and stands back* :p

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Ash Bridge

Established Member

This could be interesting. No mk3s from Anglia or TPE until 2019 but the coaches are supposedly available now and plans to run a test train in 2017....

Hope they took into account mk3s need an ETH supply which Tornado hasnt got.....

Seriously tho this could be fantastic for the charter market as long as DDA requirements can be sorted.

Just thinking, after they have got around the technicalities of providing ETS, could Tornado also be remotely driven from the rear 442 driving cab after a few electrical mods? :D;)

I've left my coat in the hall, I'm collecting it now...

Last edited:

yorksrob

Veteran Member
Mk 3's and steam loco's ?

Wouldn't kettle enthusiasts prefer something authentic ?

I've heard it all now !

Last edited:

Established Member

I suggest you read that article again because the way I read it talks about 90mph testing for Tornado in 2017 doesn't say anything about a test train in 2017 as far as I can see. Then as far the new train as concerned says it will be using Anglia Loco Hauled stock and be available from the end 2019. I don't see any reference or relevance to the 442's what so eve, well other than the fact 442's have to be mentioned at every opportunity:lol:

Last edited:

gimmea50anyday

Established Member
The news item mentions a "service vehicle with a generator", a converted DVT perhaps?

I expect there will be a generator set fitted to a suitably converted mk3. probably contain staff rest area, storage for supplies, possibly the kitchen area...

Status
Not open for further replies.