• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Prince Phillip hospitalised - Feb 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

duncanp

Established Member
So reports of his death were greatly exaggerated!

TPE said they were 'Working as quickly as possible to rectify the problem'...
... Shouldn't that have been working as quickly as possible to think of an excuse for this howler!

Shouldn't that have been "..arguing amongst ourselves about who is to blame and who is going to be the scapegoat for this almighty cock up.."

Note that the person who is to blame and the person who becomes the scapegoat aren't necessarily the same person, especially in the corporate world where management are experts in deflecting the brown stuff away from themselves when it hits the fan.

infobleep

Veteran Member
I see that Prince Philip was returned from St Bartholomew's hospital to another London Hospital.

I wonder if they did this to allow the space at St Bartholomew's to be used by someone else or would Prince Philip get more appropriate care at the King Edward VII's, now they have done their work at St Bartholomew's (also known as St Bart's)?

Peter C

Established Member
I see that Prince Philip was returned from St Bartholomew's hospital to another London Hospital.

I wonder if they did this to allow the space at St Bartholomew's to be used by someone else or would Prince Philip get more appropriate care at the King Edward VII's, now they have done their work at St Bartholomew's (also known as St Bart's)?
I assumed it was because St Bartholomew's was the best place for him to go and he could receive other treatment back at the King Edward VII.

-Peter

61653 HTAFC

Veteran Member
Shouldn't that have been "..arguing amongst ourselves about who is to blame and who is going to be the scapegoat for this almighty cock up.."

Note that the person who is to blame and the person who becomes the scapegoat aren't necessarily the same person, especially in the corporate world where management are experts in deflecting the brown stuff away from themselves when it hits the fan.
For me the big question should be "Why is it expected that a company that runs trains will tweet/update their websiteabout the death of a royal?" regardless of whether that royal has really bought the farm or not.

Of course if the Duke had died and TPE didn't tweet about it, a bunch of busy bodies would inevitably call them out for it... but WHY?

I'm no fan of the idea of having a monarchy, but they're ultimately harmless apart from when a story about one of them (be it a scandal or a death) dominates the headlines for weeks on end. But why are companies that have diddly-squat to do with constitutional matters expected to mark these things. They'll only ever say something supportive/uncontroversial anyway, so it's ultimately pointless. Companies tweeting about matters that don't concern them is one of the most irritating things about the current social media environment. It's just hollow PR nonsense.

infobleep

Veteran Member
Prince Philip has left the hospital he was being treated at, followong his earlier treatment at another London hospital.

The Duke of Edinburgh has left hospital in central London after a month under the care of medical staff.

Prince Philip, 99, was admitted to King Edward VII's hospital in Marylebone on 16 February after feeling unwell.

He later underwent a successful procedure for a pre-existing heart condition at another London hospital - St Bartholomew's.

The 28-night stay was the duke's longest-ever in hospital.

The exact reason for his initial admission was not disclosed, but Buckingham Palace said at the time it was not related to coronavirus.

duncanp

Established Member
The pictures of him in the papers as he was leaving hospital shows him looking very pale and gaunt.

I can't help but think that he doesn't have much time left, which perhaps is only to be expected at his age.

Attachments

• Duke Of Edinburgh - 16th March 2021.jpg
    Duke Of Edinburgh - 16th March 2021.jpg
    66.4 KB · Views: 34

FrodshamJnct

Established Member
The pictures of him in the papers as he was leaving hospital shows him looking very pale and gaunt.

I can't help but think that he doesn't have much time left, which perhaps is only to be expected at his age.

Wait until he catches up on the news whilst he’s been in hospital...

david1212

Established Member

a) not surprising
b) the press can photoshop the image

Wait until he catches up on the news whilst he’s been in hospital...

I wonder how much he already knows and how much has been kept from him? After all difficult to filter his TV viewing without arousing suspicion.

Peter Mugridge

Veteran Member
The BBC News ( 18.00 ) implied that he already knew ( which would not be any great surprise ) as Harry had spoken to both him and William in the past few days. There was also an implication - again not surprising really - that Harry had received a strong telling off... it didn't say from which one, but it doesn't take much imagination does it?

Edited to say: From looking at reports online tonight, I get the impression that the BBC's subtitles got something wrong and it was actually Charles and William with whom Harry spoke, not the Duke of Edinburgh. That renders most of the above paragraph redundant doesn't it?

Last edited:

Jamesrob637

Established Member
I really hope he makes June 10th. More likely now than a few weeks ago.

Pete_uk

Established Member

Are we sure he's not actually dead? I mean, I've seen dead people look more alive than him.

Status
Not open for further replies.