• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Private Railways Shown on National Rail Maps

Status
Not open for further replies.

STEVIEBOY1

Established Member
Good morning,

I have just picked up the latest edition of the London Rail & Tube services and London & South East Rail service map and as I have noticed before, this does show the Isle of Wight Steam Railway, the Spa Valley Railway & The Bluebell Railway, all of which have connections with NR services, however the Mid Hants/Watercress line is not shown and there would be plenty of room for it.

I wonder why that line does not appear (and some other too)?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

swt_passenger

Veteran Member
I'm not sure, but didn't someone find a couple of years back that the lines that do appear have paid to be put on the map?

steamybrian

Established Member
I'm not sure, but didn't someone find a couple of years back that the lines that do appear have paid to be put on the map?
AFAIK-- No- incorrect
They are all lines that combined through tickets can be issued from National Rail stations.

Status
Not open for further replies.