• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Problem with Trainsplit - offering me journey then saying one ticket not available

Status
Not open for further replies.

trainophile

Established Member
Been looking since about 09:00 this morning, for Southport to Glasgow Central departing earlyish on 29th Sept. It keeps offering me the 0931 departure from SOP, travelling on Avanti from Wigan North Western, which would be ideal. However when I try to continue the purchase it repeatedly comes up with:

We're sorry but the fare between Preston (Lancs) and Glasgow Central is no longer available. Please search again and we'll update the prices.

As I say, I've been trying over several hours, so presumably if the last ticket is in someone's basket they would have bought it or it would have expired by now. The problem is it won't allow me to select that journey even with a dearer ticket for that leg. Flexible produces no services, and it doesn't even work on First Class, getting same error message.

Is there a problem with that particular train, and if so should Trainsplit be including it in the selected services?

I can buy Preston to GLC on the Avanti website but not as part of my overall journey.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

yorkie

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
I's an issue with the Advance fare from PRE-GLC, which appears to have gone up in price.

Try again later; the price will go up by about £6

yorkie

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
You should be able to book it now.

The PRE-GLC ticket has gone up from £12.90 to £18.50

lightbulb

I was wondering why captcha suddenly appeared on trainsplit! My various browsers don't allow captcha, so I no longer use any website that requires it. A great shame, as trainsplit has saved me money in the past.

yorkie

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
I was wondering why captcha suddenly appeared on trainsplit! My various browsers don't allow captcha, so I no longer use any website that requires it. A great shame, as trainsplit has saved me money in the past.
If you login you don't see it.

lightbulb

I've never been given the option to login. When I click on "login" I get the following:

Please login to use this site.

This will allow you to save your details, view past purchases and quickly search your common journeys.

We may use your details to inform you if anything changes (such as cancellations), or to contact you for administrative matters (for example, to send you your itinerary).
We won't contact you for any other reasons unless you make a booking with the "special offers" option ticked. We'll never sell or give your details to any third party.

yorkie

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
Do you not get an option to login using Google, Facebook or email?

Which web browser(s) have you tried (e.g. Chrome, FireFox etc)?

login.jpg

lightbulb

I don't see the three login options displayed above. If I did, I would use the "Sign in with email", as I'm not on Facebook or Google. I have four browsers: IE11, Firefox 52.9ESR, Edge 79, and Chromium (ungoogled).

yorkie

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
How odd. This is the case with all those browsers? Are you able to provide a screenshot?

erk

I've never been given the option to login. When I click on "login" I get the following: ...

I once got into a similar black hole (from which there's no escape) with Trainsplit. I think the answer is to clear their cookies.

lightbulb

How odd. This is the case with all those browsers? Are you able to provide a screenshot?

I've tested all four browsers, and find that IE and Firefox give me the details posted above, but Edge and Chromium give me the login. I've now created an account using my email address, so many thanks for all your help!

Status
Not open for further replies.