• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Question about Crewe Station

Status
Not open for further replies.

Simon E

Hi folks first post... so be gentle as they say!
Can I take a good photo of the APT from a public accessible part of Crewe Station or perhaps from a road over looking it?

obviously normally I'd just visit the Heritage Centre to gain access to and get on board the train (i believe normally you can enter the carriages) unfortunately its obviously closed at present.

edited to add. I can use a 300mm zoom and tripod if that would help me get a closer shot of it.

Last edited:
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Journeyman

Established Member
Can I take a good photo of the APT from a public accessible part of Crewe Station or perhaps from a road over looking it?

obviously normally I'd just visit the Heritage Centre to gain access to and get on board the train (i believe normally you can enter the carriages) unfortunately its obviously closed at present.

It's been ages since I've been there, but it's some distance from the station and I don't think you can see it from there.

Ash Bridge

Established Member

Hi and welcome to the forum :)

I think it should be possible to view the the APT-P unit through the railings by entering the Tesco Extra car park and walking down the road between the left side of the building and main line without any problems, maybe others can confirm this?

Simon E

thank you for the replies. Might go along and have a look then. i'm about an hour away so wanted to make sure it was worth it

Yes, good view from the road adjacent to Tesco

(street view)
Thanks from the link seems I can get any photo's I need! I'd love to be able to get on board but that will have to wait until better times!

Last edited:

Simon E

I managed to get to Crewe this morning I was rewarded with a blue sky... just the background I needed! I'll post a few more on my blog and put a link in the correct section of the forum

Attachments

• cab apt 2.jpg
    cab apt 2.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 17
Status
Not open for further replies.