• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Question for signallers re: controlled crossings

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bald Rick

Veteran Member
Good point, not sure how I would know if I do? It doesn't mention it on RealTime Trains, is that the best place to check..?

Yes, on RTT any allowance (pathing, engineering, performance) are shown beneath the station name on the section they apply. In the extract below you can see pathing time at (amongst other places) Barking and Grays. Note that the pathing time at any specific location doesn’t mean that on the day that is exactly where you will be slowed.

E3DEAB83-4029-4C4D-B329-AE8E57183AB1.jpeg

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

martin2345uk

Established Member
Interesting. I think next time I'm on that route I will try slowing down a bit after Barking and just see if it makes a difference...!

O L Leigh

Established Member
But what’s going to cost more time? Running slightly slower and then having to gain less speed or having to react to cautionary signals and having to accelerate almost from a stand? Surely if a train is running within its slot it doesn’t matter what’s behind. You’re on time and, therefore, so should everything else behind you.

martin2345uk

Established Member
I wonder if the pathing time on that stretch is more for Purfleet - here we generally make sure we approach the platform in the down direction at no more than 30mph, to ensure the signal protecting the various private crossings on that stretch clears from its single yellow to green just before we hit it :D

Status
Not open for further replies.