• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Quiz Olympiad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Crossover

Established Member
Right! Next person to make an egg joke gets banned. Permanently!

I've had it with this eggtastic eggstravaganza of egg related humour!

To be fair, if you can't beat 'em, they ain't eggs :P (or join' em)

Also, what Ivo said :P

On this note, my Mum just referred to a Deltic excursion...I'm not sure if I'm more impressed with eggscursion given what I am reading or whether she is aware what a Deltic is :P

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Bedpan

Established Member
Too many yokes on this thread - one or two is all white but not this many! I shell get back to the subject in hand, and ask - are the answers to round 5 going to be published?

Class172

Established Member
Associate Staff
Quizmaster
The answers for round 5 should be in italics on the post with the questions

Bedpan

Established Member
The answers for round 5 should be in italics on the post with the questions

Oops sorry - (cracking round, that)!
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
How about round 6?

To save Class 172 the bother of replying, they were:-

1- Bury Bolton Street
2- Barkingside
3- Ryde Pier Head
4- Shoreditch High Street
5- Gallions Reach
6- New Brighton
7- Laxey
8- Shipley
9- Minehead
10- Coatbridge Central

Not that I want to swank about getting them all right, or anything like that :)

Last edited:

D841 Roebuck

Established Member
Barkingside would have been eggstremely difficult without the top half of Aldborough Hatch in the bottom right hand corner...

Class172

Established Member
Associate Staff
Quizmaster
I have added up all the points - the final round has had very little impact on the placings in the leaderboard. Congratulations to D841 Roebuck on winning the Olympiad, and also those who took part in the competition.

The winner will shortly be receiving a PM from the forum staff to arrange delivery details for the DVD.

Before mojo revealed the answers for round 7 to me, I had a guess at them myself, and I only managed to score 3. :shock:

Last edited:

D841 Roebuck

Established Member
D481??!

Is that 360 points deducted for my application of probability theory to the last round? :)

Class172

Established Member
Associate Staff
Quizmaster
D481??!

Is that 360 points deducted for my application of probability theory to the last round? :)
Ooops, I knew I should have just copied the username, rather than type it out!

Perhaps we should square root your total as a penalty for it? At least we had no eggsponential scores. ;)

D841 Roebuck

Established Member
Well done to the mods for a fun and interesting competition :)

Hear, hear.

I particularly enjoyed the maps and the Station Association trios.

As someone who has set quizzes in the past, I know how much hard work is involved - and how much fun it can be!

ainsworth74

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Global Moderator
Congratulations to our winner! Also let me say thank you to all those who took part it's been a very enjoyable week.

Also a thank you to Fetch Publicity for without them kindly offering us some DVDs to give away this competition wouldn't have been possible.

Trainfan344

Established Member
When will Where am I? become a proper quiz on the forum, I enjoyed that!

Class172

Established Member
Associate Staff
Quizmaster
It will appear in due course once the final setup for the game is sorted.

Class172

Established Member
Associate Staff
Quizmaster
Answers for Round #7.

1a 11 March 2013
2d Infastructure
3d 9
4b June 2008
5c July 2006
6c DRS Crewe
7a September 2007
8a MikeWh
9d Photography helpers
10d Class 47

Ivo

Established Member
If there's one position I hate finishing in it's second <(

There might have to be a discussion or two relating to my Internet outage for Round 2...

D841 Roebuck

Established Member
If there's one position I hate finishing in it's second <(

I agree. Can the mods/quizmasters please rejig the final table on Page 1 of the thread so that ties are decided on reverse-alphabetical order so that Ivo can come third instead... <(

Ivo said:
There might have to be a discussion or two relating to my Internet outage for Round 2...

Crossover

Established Member

No discussion needed - little detriment was caused due to the quick thinking of a fellow member...anything else can only be blamed on one person... ;) :P

I agree. Can the mods/quizmasters please rejig the final table on Page 1 of the thread so that ties are decided on reverse-alphabetical order so that Ivo can come third instead... <(

:D :D :D

ainsworth74

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Global Moderator
I've been sitting on this whilst getting things organised, however, D841 Roebuck very graciously took the victory in the competition but did not claim the prize. Therefore it went to our two second placed competitors and after applying a tiebreaker, telstarbox gets the DVD of the third season of Great British Railway Journeys courtesy of Fetch Publicity.

Ivo

Established Member
I'm surprised and delighted. I'm sure you'll win next time Ivo as it was close all the way through! Well done D841 and thanks.

No offence Mod Team but that was a pretty lame tie-breaker - I did warn you that something was necessary well advance! (I'll leave it to you all to disclose.) And going tactical didn't work either.

Also, there's a "next time"?

Crossover

Established Member
No offence Ivo, but this has made my day! (from the viewpoint of you just missing out again) :P

On the plus, you still have a chance to beat me in the GTS round :) ;)

Class172

Established Member
Associate Staff
Quizmaster
No offence Mod Team but that was a pretty lame tie-breaker - I did warn you that something was necessary well advance! (I'll leave it to you all to disclose.) And going tactical didn't work either.

Also, there's a "next time"?
Well there was a better way we could have sorted out the tiebreak (through points scored in each round), but sods law prevailed in that I deleted all my Olympiad PMs after the competition ended, so this plan instantly was floored... :roll:

Well we weren't exactly expecting the prize to be awarded to the runner-up and not the winner!

Status
Not open for further replies.