• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

RailUK Forums Ticket Gallery Project

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hyphen

Swansea (previously Nottingham/Sheffield)
A Permit to Travel (PTT) from one of the old car park style ticket machines still dotted round the network, this at Kearsney. No TVM and no afternoon opening for the ticket office.

Managed to just miss a train from Kearsney (KSN) to London whilst on a business trip to that neck of the woods. Didn't fancy sitting on the platform for an hour, and didn't want to go back via HS1 (I'd come down that way) as I might as well fill the track map when I'm on expenses :) So PTT to get a return to Dover Priory (DVP), and a second as a keepsake ;)

(now someone will come along and tell me a loophole I could have used to doubleback to DVP on my KSN-Swansea ticket)

Attachments

• PermitToTravel.jpg
    PermitToTravel.jpg
    114.3 KB · Views: 167
Last edited:
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Mike395

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
As of yesterday I am a proud owner of a (wrongly issued) EMT Penalty Fare if RJ hasn't already given you one? :-P

user15681

Established Member
I don't have a scanner at the moment unfortunately, but I do have some old Travelcard seasons, I think a couple of duplicate/replacements and an Oyster receipt on ticket stock similar to these.

As soon as I do I'll send them over.

DEE-DE

Found these at my parents' place. Note the Railplus discount as the tickets were bought just before the Dec 13 timetable change which saw them withdrawn in the UK. Also validity is still one month. I still have the London Spezial to go with that as well, also the Eurostar bording pass. If you need higher quality, I can provide that, the forum software seems to restrict that.

I wonder, if you could actually collect your Lndon Estar to elsewhere in the UK from a Eurostar ticket machine in airline sized ticket style. Unfortunately I've already collected mine for in two weeks time. And in the summer it's probably not going to be the case either as I want to add a sleeper berth and plusbus to one and on the return I'll be travelling with someone else. Eurostar aren't able to specify any seat requests so I'll probably get that from the station (hoping for those single seats sharing a table in first on EastCoast).

Attachments

• London-NWI.jpg
    London-NWI.jpg
    83 KB · Views: 161
  • LST-NWI_Reservation.jpg
    LST-NWI_Reservation.jpg
    92.4 KB · Views: 125
  • PBO-London.jpg
    PBO-London.jpg
    83.4 KB · Views: 120

bb21

Emeritus Moderator
Yes, please. It would make a very nice collage.

crehld

Established Member
I have a Cheshire Day Ranger and a West Yorks Train Only Day Rover if they're of any use?

Skie

Virgin group ticket. Guess these are slightly rare.

Attachments

• VTWCGroupB.jpg
    VTWCGroupB.jpg
    151.6 KB · Views: 178

Trainfan344

Established Member
Don't know if you guys want Heritage Railway tickets, but I have a PR rate SVR day rover and a Platform ticket from Highley Station.

crehld

Established Member
I have a few tickets with my Dales Railcard discount applied if they're of any interest? One in the new ticket style which actually lists it as a "Dales Railcard" rather than the usual "LOCAL".

krus_aragon

Established Member
Attached is a bus-issued 3-zone North Wales Rover (Anglesey, Gwynedd North and Conwy zones). This ticket is valid for one day's bus and rail travel in the relevant zones.

Attachments

• NWRover3zone.png
    NWRover3zone.png
    276.6 KB · Views: 122

ASharpe

I couldn't see on on the Flickr - so here's an out-boundary travelcard with a change of route excess.

Attachments

• TC XS.jpg
    TC XS.jpg
    194 KB · Views: 175

adrock1976

Established Member
What's it called? It's called Cumbernauld
I have had a look though my collection of tickets I've accumulated since 1988/89 and have scanned a small selection today. It runs up to 1995 at the moment.

As I've grouped batches together, I am more than happy to rescan them individually if there are any that may be useful.

Batch 1 (1988): My first Intercity journey to Bristol (visit the zoo), and to Derby to visit some tourist attraction. Note that this was a special excursion fare to Derby or Langley Mill. Also, I cannot remember the top ticket with the destination "WM 4 W MIDS" refers to - all I know is that it is some local station within the WMPTE area.

Batch 2: 1989

School summer trip to Llandudno on the direct train from Birmingham NS. It was either a 115 or 116 DMU with the slam doors, and went flat out between Wolverhampton and Crewe, and west of Chester. The Earlswood - Stratford-upon-Avon and Dorridge - Leamington Spa were from the free standing machines at either Birmingham Snow Hill or Moor Street. They had a list of stations in the West Midlands assigned to a green button that was pressed first, then press the yellow button for Adult/Child/Railcards, disply the price, then put in the coins or a note. These machines also had the option to select destinations from Earlswood or Dorridge (maybe Stourbridge Junction?) as these were the last stations within the WMPTE area on GWR metals.

Batch 3: More 1989

Some IC125 cranking, Coventry - Rugby my first time on either a 317 or 321 (Network SouthEast Birmingham NS - London Euston via Northampton services), and a spin on a direct train from Coventry to Nottingham Midland (either a 115 or 116 DMU).

Batch 4: August - October 1989

An 86 or 87 to and from Manchester (that Saturday was a Whitesaver Day, due to the summer holidays), my first big distance trip south to Oxford for the day (it was to escape Combat 18 and Millwall casuals that were gathering in Birmingham that day), to Chester via Shrewsbury and Wrexham with a couple of friends (note it is the Bluesaver Saturday), spin on an IC125, and my second trip on the recently reopened line from Walsall to Hendesford when Broad Lane station opened (last one in the WMPTE area).

Batch 5: Nov 1989 to Jan 1990

Another spin on an IC125 to and from Sheffield (Saturday Bluesaver day), my first trip to London including day travelcard (I was not quite old enough to have a mugshot with the travelcard). Travelcard was purchased at Euston station from the London Transport/tourist kiosk in the concourse (I believe it is/was the present kiosk near the stairs for the Northern/Victoria Tube). To and from Liverpool on an IC train hauled by either 86 or 87, first time on 507/508. It seemed back then in the Merseyside PTE area, that there were flat fares for under 16s.

Batch 6: Feb 1990 to Dec 1993

My longest trip on an IC125 and day trip too at the time. Was diverted from the main line at Northallerton, called at Eaglescliffe, then rejoined the main line south of Durham to continue to Newcastle Central. A quick spin to Gateshead Metro Centre, then head back south via the diverted route. the Coventry - London BR ticket in 1993 was when I travelled via the GWR/GC Alternative route from Birmingham Snow Hill to London Marylebone (recently reinstated direct trains very quietly with no fanfare or blaze of publicity - the trains just appeared in the local Leamington Spa timetable, with one train every 2 hours). There were no fares in the database at the time from Solihull or Dorridge to London, so the clerk at the booking office issued it from Coventry instead. One day travelcard purchased from a tube station machine.

Batch 7: Jan - Apr 1989

A what is perceived to be a misunderstood brand of the second half of the 1980s in the WMPTE area - Midline. A couple of Midline ranger tickets (my first crankfest with focusing on 115s and 116s, also 310s too). First spin to Hendesford as the line reopened that week, cannot remember the Cheltenham trip - perhaps to get a 47 northbound to Birmingham.

Batch 8: Aberdeen trip 1994

My very first trip to Scotland on the direct train from Birmingham. Non-stop from Wolverhampton to Warrington BQ, IC125 both ways, first time on 158s to and from Inverness via the Inverness & Aberdeen Joint Railway.

Batch 9: Aviemore trip 1994

Another APEX fare. 86 or 87 to Glasgow Central, 158 to Stirling, then IC125 to Aviemore ("Highland Chieftan"). 158s to Inverness and Carrbridge, 158 to Edinburgh Waverley via Kirkcaldy, 86 or 87 Edinburgh Waverley to Birmingham.

Batch 10: Edinburgh 1995

Tourist Board rail ticket, my very first Festival Cities Rover bash (the present day Central Scotland Rover), my very first spin on Glasgow Underground (I really strained myself to bash the whole track, in both directions too :)). Note that the Underground ticket was free of charge due to possessing the rover.

Apologies for the long post. Again, do let me know if there are any of the tickets I've uploaded that are of any use to you.

Attachments

• AB 1988 tickets.jpg
    AB 1988 tickets.jpg
    104 KB · Views: 144
  • AB Jul 1989 tickets.jpg
    AB Jul 1989 tickets.jpg
    155.9 KB · Views: 125
  • AB Jun 1989 tickets.jpg
    AB Jun 1989 tickets.jpg
    242.4 KB · Views: 116
  • AB Aug Oct 1989 tickets.jpg
    AB Aug Oct 1989 tickets.jpg
    151.1 KB · Views: 106
  • AB Nov89 Jan 1990 tickets.jpg
    AB Nov89 Jan 1990 tickets.jpg
    142.5 KB · Views: 107
  • AB Feb 1990 Dec 1993 tickets.jpg
    AB Feb 1990 Dec 1993 tickets.jpg
    169.3 KB · Views: 102
  • AB Jan Apr 1989 tickets.jpg
    AB Jan Apr 1989 tickets.jpg
    153 KB · Views: 90
  • AB Aberdeen 1994 tickets.jpg
    AB Aberdeen 1994 tickets.jpg
    195 KB · Views: 101
  • AB Aviemore 1994 tickets.jpg
    AB Aviemore 1994 tickets.jpg
    163.6 KB · Views: 130
  • AB Edinburgh 1995 tickets.jpg
    AB Edinburgh 1995 tickets.jpg
    281.9 KB · Views: 137

Silver Cobra

I've looked through the photo gallery, and while there is the example version of the new-style advance tickets, there are none in the main gallery for advances. So, if you would like some for the advances gallery, I have scans of some for a journey I'm undertaking in late July to Manchester Piccadilly. I've also got some scans of my Stagecoach Smart card, if you would like those as well.

Attachments

• Advance Ticket 01.jpg
    Advance Ticket 01.jpg
    102.1 KB · Views: 127
  • Advance Ticket 02.jpg
    Advance Ticket 02.jpg
    100.7 KB · Views: 117
  • Stagecoach Smart 01.jpg
    Stagecoach Smart 01.jpg
    71 KB · Views: 102
  • Stagecoach Smart 02.jpg
    Stagecoach Smart 02.jpg
    75.9 KB · Views: 86
Last edited:

dvboy

Established Member
Yesterday I sent by email an example of a Midland Metro ticket issued by a rail TVM at Jewellery Quarter.

Kite159

Veteran Member
Return coupon of a railcard discounted Dawlish to Newcourt day return in the new style

Some sort of WAG Concession ticket from Wrexham to Shotton

Attachments

• Wrexham to Shotton Wag.jpg
    Wrexham to Shotton Wag.jpg
    127.5 KB · Views: 141
  • Dawlish to Newcourt new style.jpg
    Dawlish to Newcourt new style.jpg
    129.8 KB · Views: 269

steamybrian

Established Member
I attach an outward portion of a return ticket on Eurostar from the now closed Waterloo International (to Paris Nord)

Attachments

• scan0001.jpg
    scan0001.jpg
    118.6 KB · Views: 123
Last edited:

krus_aragon

Established Member
Return coupon of a railcard discounted Dawlish to Newcourt day return in the new style

Some sort of WAG Concession ticket from Wrexham to Shotton

That'll be the discounted rail travel for local concessionary bus pass holders in Wales. Other lines that see such concessions include the Conwy Valley and Heart of Wales (during winter).

clagmonster

Established Member
I recently received a little card wallet with some tickets at Newark NG. I thought it may be of interest

Attachments

• img006.jpg
    img006.jpg
    243.8 KB · Views: 70
  • img007.jpg
    img007.jpg
    146.7 KB · Views: 65

clagmonster

Established Member
A ticket to enter a queue at New St. I've not come across such a system in a booking office before:

Attachments

• img008.jpg
    img008.jpg
    39.4 KB · Views: 131
Status
Not open for further replies.