• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Railway General Knowledge.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Gloster

Established Member
At Grouping in 1923 only one standard-gauge 2-6-0T was taken over by any of the Big Four. Which railway did it come from?

Gloster

Established Member
Little NW?
No, I think that was part of the Midland.
Garstang and Knott End?
Correct. Its loco Blackpool was the only standard-gauge 2-6-0T taken over at grouping; I am not sure if there were any narrow-gauge ones, but I doubt it. It did not have a number as the G&KE only had four locos: it became LMS 11680, but was withdrawn in 1927.

For you to produce a knotty question.

xotGD

Established Member
I'm guessing that it wasn't a "Manor" class locomotive, just had a name with the word manor in it.

xotGD

Established Member
No.32 was in action at the KWVR Diesel Gala. Can you name the original owner of the locomotive when it entered service in 1944?

xotGD

Established Member
I've now looked up the answer, so you'll pleased to hear that I won't be incrementing year by year!