• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Railway land / scenes in The Professionals

Status
Not open for further replies.

STEVIEBOY1

Established Member
I was watching an episode yesterday of the old ITV series, The Professionals called, "Susie" which was made I think in 1982. It ended with scenes based on a large looking rail / marshalling yard, presumably in the London area, with various old carriages, wagons etc, one of them I noticed had Eastleigh written on the side. A long shot showed that this rail land was on a lower level with a long viaduct that did have a BR looking passenger train going over it which looked to be about 4 or 5 carriages long. I wonder if any one may know where those scenes may have been shot.? (The boss, Mr Cowley did mention "The old disused southwestern terminus/terminal", which did make me wonder if it was Nine Elms, but I think that had all gone well before the 1980s as New Covent Garden went there in the 1970s.) ?

Thanks.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Mcr Warrior

Veteran Member
The 1982 episode was "Operation Susie" and the IMDb website indicates that three rail-related locations were used in this particular episode, namely....

Stewarts Lane, Battersea, London. (Shootout in the rail yard);

Nine Elms Freight Yard, Battersea, London. (Bodie and Doyle take Diana to a railway yard);

Turnpike Lane Underground Station, Turnpike Lane, Hornsey, London. (Northcott and Smith meet).

STEVIEBOY1

Established Member
The 1982 episode was "Operation Susie" and the IMDb website indicates that three rail-related locations were used in this particular episode, namely....

Stewarts Lane, Battersea, London. (Shootout in the rail yard);

Nine Elms Freight Yard, Battersea, London. (Bodie and Doyle take Diana to a railway yard);

Turnpike Lane Underground Station, Turnpike Lane, Hornsey, London. (Northcott and Smith meet).
Thank you, so there was still some remaining parts of Nine Elms in the early 1980s.

Journeyman

Established Member
I love all the locations in The Professionals! Much of London had a very different feel to it back then, and it's all gloriously atmospheric to see.

STEVIEBOY1

Established Member
I love all the locations in The Professionals! Much of London had a very different feel to it back then, and it's all gloriously atmospheric to see.
Yes I agree with that, similar for The Sweeney and Minder too.

Status
Not open for further replies.