• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Refusal to sell super off peak return from another station

Status
Not open for further replies.

RJ

Established Member
I'd be surprised if your correspondence goes anywhere but the bin to be honest, which is what they mean when they say they can't provide you with further feedback. They're employing a "customer is always wrong" approach by going through scenarios wholly irrelevant to your issue. All this does is confuse matters into something that nobody will want to spend time untangling. The manager who will have a million and one other things to worry about than telling a supervisory member of staff how to sell tickets.

If there's an opinion that ticket office staff will respect, it's that of the retail management team's. They will be able to comprehend the issue, understand ticket seller's obligations and communicate effectively to the station. Try asking customer services to forward the feedback to them and see what happens.

Do keep us updated.

Some people manage to get into double figures each month, but it’s really not much of an incentive these days.

Some stations do well out of it - I've worked at stations where near enough every single customer who travels off peak has a railcard with a good proportion of them being Network Railcards!

I never claim the available commission on sales - I gift it to others.

Last edited:
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

NLC1072

I remember once working in an area where this was common place and I would be the only person who would sell any fare requested. I was quite ostracised for it...

father_jack

I remember once working in an area where this was common place and I would be the only person who would sell any fare requested. I was quite ostracised for it...
Still goes on. I usually say "why can't you sell it ?" to which you get the mouth going with no words coming out. And then when I say "send them down to my window" the fireworks really start.

Snipped
If there's an opinion that ticket office staff will respect, it's that of the retail management team's. They will be able to comprehend the issue, understand ticket seller's obligations and communicate effectively to the station. Try asking customer services to forward the feedback to them and see what happens.
Have to disagree, since dedicated ticket office managers got the shunt quite a while ago you get no help from whatever the retail managers call themselves, except for an occasional edict that causes confusion because they don't know the new technology or don't appreciate how customer behaviours have changed over the years owing to them never actaully being in a ticket office.....

Wallsendmag

Established Member
Still goes on. I usually say "why can't you sell it ?" to which you get the mouth going with no words coming out. And then when I say "send them down to my window" the fireworks really start.

Snipped
Have to disagree, since dedicated ticket office managers got the shunt quite a while ago you get no help from whatever the retail managers call themselves, except for an occasional edict that causes confusion because they don't know the new technology or don't appreciate how customer behaviours have changed over the years owing to them never actaully being in a ticket office.....
I know that our team has an awful lot of Travel Centre experience and spend a lot of time on our Travel Centres.

Status
Not open for further replies.