• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Replacement lens advice.

Status
Not open for further replies.

83G/84D

Established Member
I have an old Sigma 10-20 1:4-5.6 lens that I used to use with my old Canon EOS 40D. This lens has been superseded by a newer version which does not work on full frame sensor cameras.
I have since upgraded my camera to and Canon EOS 5D which has a full frame sensor. The lens I have will not work on a full frame sensor camera so am looking for suggestions for a replacement. I used it for close up's of static aircraft especially at airshows and also for insects and flowers.

Has anyone got any suggestions of an alternative? I'd rather spend extra money and get something of good rugged quality as I will be using it mainly outdoors.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Islineclear3_1

Established Member
PTSO or platform depending on the weather
Not sure if you've answered your question yet but...

When you say you have a Canon 5D, do you mean the original "5D" or do you have the Mark II, Mark III etc.?

I don't know about 3rd party lens but you could consider the Canon 17-40 if that is still around? It's probably their cheapest wide-angle zoom. Or you could consider the non-L primes if you're on a budget

Status
Not open for further replies.