• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Requirement to show negative test result when entering UK by Eurostar: when?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Martijn

So, when entering the UK from an 'amber' country—Belgium in my case—as a fully vaccinated person, I still have to be able to show a negative PCR test result, from a test taken before departure. Can anyone who has recently traveled from the continent to the UK tell me at what point they had to show the test result?
I just want to make sure I have the test result in time, without it being too old…

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Cdd89

Established Member
It can be a negative rapid (antigen) test - it doesn’t need to be PCR.

You’ll be asked for it by Eurostar staff and possibly also by U.K. border staff.

You can take the test any time in the three days prior to arrival. Eg if you are travelling on Friday, the test can be taken any time on Tuesday-Friday.

Martijn

It can be a negative rapid (antigen) test - it doesn’t need to be PCR.

You’ll be asked for it by Eurostar staff and possibly also by U.K. border staff.

You can take the test any time in the three days prior to arrival. Eg if you are travelling on Friday, the test can be taken any time on Tuesday-Friday.
Okay, so I better have it ready at the time of departure… Thanks!

island

Veteran Member
As UK border controls are at Bruxelles-Midi, you’ll need it there.

Martijn

Booked my PCR test (which seems to be the only kind of test in Belgium one can get an 'official' result from) to be taken about 36 hours before departure, so that should be enough for the results to come in in time before I board the Eurostar, while still well within 72 hours of arriving in Scotland… Fingers crossed!

Status
Not open for further replies.