• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

RER Paris fare evasion .....self explanatory

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

ChiefPlanner

Established Member
I avoid the RER at all costs - unsavoury to say the least. Particularly on the GDN routes.

Picking up 8 -10 persons per minute is impressive and indicative of the ticket less travel going on.

From my own experience of running ticket blocks on the London suburban system , you often find a lot more than ticketless travel on these excercises, was always very handy having the BTP in easy reach.....

Established Member
I was on the RER A last year and armed security guards got on to carry out a ticket check - the face of one fare dodger upon seeing the rifles was quite a picture!

As an enthusiast (more specifically a fan of metro/suburban networks), I'm quite a fan of the RER, but I'd agree some of the fellow passengers can be somewhat unsavoury!

BigCj34

I was impressed how people actually managed to squat jump over the 1 metre high barriers. Clearly had a lot of practice.

theageofthetra

On Moderation
I was impressed how people actually managed to squat jump over the 1 metre high barriers. Clearly had a lot of practice.

And to think some see the 'sport' of Parkour as something to aspire to. Remember what it was used for.

Status
Not open for further replies.