• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Returns and time restrictions

Status
Not open for further replies.

roversfan2001

Established Member
Morning all,

I've just had an interesting but not very fruitful discussion with the ticket clerk at Buckshaw Parkway. I had travelled from Leyland (no purchasing facilities that I could use) and had broken my journey on the way to Chorley. I asked for an off-peak day return from Chorley to Leyland and was sold an anytime day return.

I queried this as I was using the return portion (for which the off peak fare has no time restrictions on) however the clerk didn't understand that the outward portion (with time restrictions) was being unused and that the return portion of the Chorley to Leyland off peak day return was valid for travel.

I was attempting to use the off peak day return as it is 10p cheaper than the anytime day single (whether that is worth it or not is beside the point). I was given a "your comments" leaflet/envelope so I could explain it in writing and send it off to Northern.

My question is: should I have been sold the off peak day return?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

roversfan2001

Established Member
Nevermind, I was going off BRFares which displays the return restriction incorrectly.

My train from Buckshaw to Chorley has just been cancelled anyway so I've exchanged my ticket to a Leyland to Buckshaw return.

Status
Not open for further replies.