• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Revenue Protection Manager?

Status
Not open for further replies.

CivilAv96

Hi,

I have an interview coming up for this role for SWR....

Anyone got any tips for the interview?

Thanks

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

NRW01

RPMs manage RP Assistants and Inspectors, so have a look at their roles, and the relevant bits of law (Police & Criminal Evidence Act, Railway Bylaws, Regulation of the Railways Act, The Railways (Penalty Fares) Act etc). There will probably be the usual people management questions around leadership, problem solving etc, and maybe a couple of technical RP questions around relevant laws and procedures (ATOC have a summary of the basics of the procedures called Arrangements for travel ticket irregularities which you can google as its public ally available). Maybe read SWRs RP policy which you can get on their website.

C J Snarzell

Established Member
Each TOC differs slightly, but from applying for this role with another TOC, they would probably want to see ways of how you can generate money for the business.

I would suggest having some sort of business acumen to how you will support the core business function of driving performance to boost revenue for SWR.

I would think given the profit losses incurred by all the TOCs during the Covid crisis, the revenue protection staff will be expected to be extremely robust with any fare evaders.

CJ

Stigy

Established Member
This is interesting, as Back on 2017 or there abouts, SWR redeployed their RPMs to other roles and had just one at Waterloo. Unless this is for the Revenue Protection Strategy Manager post?

C J Snarzell

Established Member
This is interesting, as Back on 2017 or there abouts, SWR redeployed their RPMs to other roles and had just one at Waterloo. Unless this is for the Revenue Protection Strategy Manager post?

I have never come across Revenue Protection staff on Northern services but I've recently noticed they are recruiting a lot of Revenue Officers at their key stations. I am assuming that they are eager to push this area to compensate for the overall losses the rail industry has suffered since March.

Merseyrail seem to be the TOC with one of the strongest revenue protection operations. Their staff are everywhere. I don't think I have ever used a Merseyrail service and not been approached by an RPO.

CJ

CivilAv96

Hi,

Many Thanks for all your suggestions, I had the interview last Wednesday. I am awaiting a response but just got a delay email from the recruitment team.

@Stigy It was for a Revenue Protection Manager Role, so maybe they are reintroducing the role?

Thanks Again all!

Thanks for everyone's help, I am 2 weeks after the interview now and still no "news".

I am guessing this is a "polite" no thank you?

Has anyone got any experience on recruitment time frames?

Last edited:

NRW01

It’s fairly normal to have to wait a few weeks after the interview, especially in the current circumstances, as management staff and recruitment aren’t fully back in offices. You will get an answer either way, it can just take longer than in other industries. I know the new Senior RP Strategy Manager hasn’t started yet, and so other RP staff are juggling his duties as well as their own, but other than him there is usually an RP Manager for Waterloo and then a RP Operations Manager covering the network plus various supporting managers that work for the strat manager.

Status
Not open for further replies.