• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Roscoff-Morlaix

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kreissignal

As Brexit has resulted in an increase in ferry traffic between Ireland and northern France, I wonder if there is any chance of the Roscoff-Morlaix line being reinstated?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

cactustwirly

Established Member
As Brexit has resulted in an increase in ferry traffic between Ireland and northern France, I wonder if there is any chance of the Roscoff-Morlaix line being reinstated?

Why? Most of the ferries into Roscoff will be carrying freight.

Gloster

Established Member
For that matter, I think that the station is far enough from the ferry to be off-putting. With a slow train and a change at Morlaix, a taxi to the main line would often better, or at least a taxi-driver will assure you so.

Alfonso

There was a thread about this a while ago. I think the gist was that it would cost a fortune to repair the line after a landslide(?) And there's no chance of this happening for such an unimportant line where the bus does the job nearly as well, and much more flexibly

Puppetfinger

When did it stop operating? I was last there in 2019 and thought I saw evidence of running over the line but could well be wrong.

Gloster

Established Member
According to the French Wikipedia, the line was blocked due to a washout at Saint-Seve [grave accent on first e], just north of Morlaix, on 3 June 2018.

Status
Not open for further replies.