• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

RTC Doncaster - Spectrum game

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brickie78

Hey chaps, bit of a long shot here, but I remembered the existence of a game I used to have on Spectrum called RTC Doncaster by Ashley Greenup.

I've found it online (https://zxart.ee/eng/software/game/simulation-game/rtc-doncaster/) but of course there's no manual so I'm learning by trial and error. I found a thread on here from 2015-17 discussing the similar Dee-Kay games, and wondered if by any chance anyone can help me out with Doncaster?

Oddly, I seem to have got the basics - type the line (UM, DS etc) and then the platform (P2, P3) or vice-versa for departures but for some reason the main line trains just Will. Not. Depart.

Cheers in advance

Ah, found the problem. I'd forgotten that each incoming track has a different *outgoing* track, because on-screen I can only see UM, DF, Ds. So now I know I need to send the trains to DM, UF and US respectively.

Now all I need is an actual track layout of Doncaster (circa 1989) to grok which tracks go to which platforms

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.