• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

RUK forum cookies

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trackman

Established Member
Sometimes on my iPad it will not let me reply to a post, it comes up with a message like ‘You must accept cookies for this site’
Im logged in and everything and when I open RUK again all is fine.
Any ideas?

edit: the message is from the forums not the browser

Last edited:
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

najaB

Veteran Member
Sometimes on my iPad it will not let me reply to a post, it comes up with a message like ‘You must accept cookies for this site’
Any ideas?
Sounds like your browser is on a diet. ;) More seriously, does it have a privacy mode or anti-tracking option?

najaB

Veteran Member
It sounds like it's forgetting that you've agreed to site cookies. I've never used Safari on iPad but does it have a site-specific settings menu similar to Chrome? If so, can you reset the settings for Railforums.co.uk?

Domh245

Established Member
My browser threw up a bit of an issue yesterday evening (around 5:45 I think) where I found myself logged out, unable to log back in (each time I tried it came up with the "you must accept cookies" message - which I had, no changes had been made to cookie policy within chrome and all remained accepted) and chrome throwing up a warning about the site not being secure. Interestingly enough, I'd also been logged out on my phone, but was able to log in there without the cookies message, It resolved itself on the PC shortly after I'd logged in on my phone, but the site did seem to be slow to load most of the rest of the evening - possibly some teething troubles with the new host?

Mike395

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
Any ideas?

edit: the message is from the forums not the browser

It sounds like you've possibly got an issue with caching if you're seeing that dialog - clearing your browser's cache will normally sort it.

My browser threw up a bit of an issue yesterday evening (around 5:45 I think) where I found myself logged out, unable to log back in (each time I tried it came up with the "you must accept cookies" message - which I had, no changes had been made to cookie policy within chrome and all remained accepted) and chrome throwing up a warning about the site not being secure. Interestingly enough, I'd also been logged out on my phone, but was able to log in there without the cookies message, It resolved itself on the PC shortly after I'd logged in on my phone, but the site did seem to be slow to load most of the rest of the evening - possibly some teething troubles with the new host?

Apologies - we did indeed have an issue for a short time last night (due to the forum hitting an arbitrary limit in terms of the number of processes that could run at once, essentially causing visitors to 'queue' before a page would load) - that limit has now been removed, which means this has now been permanently resolved. :D

Crossover

Established Member
Apologies - we did indeed have an issue for a short time last night (due to the forum hitting an arbitrary limit in terms of the number of processes that could run at once, essentially causing visitors to 'queue' before a page would load) - that limit has now been removed, which means this has now been permanently resolved. :D

2m apart, naturally ;)

Trackman

Established Member
I think I've sussed it.
Sometimes I can have a tab open with a RUK forum thread and not visited it for days (for whatever reason).
Seems the cookie has expired, which they can do.

najaB

Veteran Member
I think I've sussed it.
Sometimes I can have a tab open with a RUK forum thread and not visited it for days (for whatever reason).
Seems the cookie has expired, which they can do.
That makes sense. I've seen similar, though for me the message is something like "Security error, reload the previous page."

Status
Not open for further replies.