• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Rumour - TLC Buses Lose Contract In West Yorks?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bantamzen

Established Member
There is a rumour circulating on social media this morning that Bradford based TLC is set to lose it's contracts for most, if not all services in Bradford & Keighley. A photo of a staff notice has appeared on a local community group informing them that Bradford services have been awarded to Yorkshire Tiger / Arriva, and Keighley services to TransDev. Drivers it seems will transfer via TUPE to one or the other companies in May when the contract runs out.

If it is true it is sad news, as they were only a small but friendly company, and generally had a well presented fleet.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Andyh82

Established Member
It isn’t all services in Bradford, just the ones that are up for retender this year.

The ones they’ve gained since such as the 635, 643/644 and possibly the 676 will continue to be operated by TLC, as will the access bus contract that they hold, as will the services they run in Calderdale and Kirklees.

Bantamzen

Established Member
So it seems this is the case. We know what veichles Transdev are planning to use, I wonder what YT might opt for, a new order of Solos, cascades or possibly some of the TLC E200s?

Andyh82

Established Member
I expect it’ll be a random assortment of Solos, like when they won the Barnsley tenders.

AndyHudds

Can they lose their Huddersfield services too, lousy operator. Does anyone know if the 342 Sunday service has been withdrawn? It didn't run at all today.

Andyh82

Established Member
The Sunday service has been withdrawn due to low patronage.

Regarding TLC I think they peaked a few years ago now and they are now losing contracts more than they are gaining.

Stotts and Yorkshire Tiger have won back a few tenders that they previously ran before TLC took them over last time.

AndyHudds

The Sunday service has been withdrawn due to low patronage.

Regarding TLC I think they peaked a few years ago now and they are now losing contracts more than they are gaining.

Stotts and Yorkshire Tiger have won back a few tenders that they previously ran before TLC took them over last time.

Where was this advertised? Didn't see anything.

northrob

Where was this advertised? Didn't see anything.

Here, on the changing times leaflet produced by Metro:

https://www.wymetro.com/media/4387/public-transport-changes-ct115-02.pdf

"341 342 Huddersfield • Almondbury • Stocksmoor. Operated by TLC. This service will be reduced due to low patronage. It will only operate Monday to Saturday daytimes to a reduced timetable (mainly two hourly). The last journey will be 1930. All other evening and Sunday journeys will be withdrawn due to very low patronage."

Bungle965

Established Member
Associate Staff
Buses & Coaches
I've reopened this thread as there appears to have been significant developments to TLC's network

Can they lose their Huddersfield services too, lousy operator.
It appears that your wish has indeed been granted, TLC appear to have disappeared from Huddersfield save for their 90x routes, a lot of the routes appear to be in the hands of CT Plus now, presumably the Huddersfield tenders came up for renewal?

In better news their new website has arrived, came in quite useful as they don't accept contactless payments but do have a fare calculator on their website so you know exactly how much the fare is.

Andyh82

Established Member
TLC lost the Huddersfield contracts in May to CT Plus

But on the flip side, the contracts they lost in Bradford, that this thread was originally discussing, were gained back from Yorkshire Tiger in September

So they are running more now than they were at the start of the year

61653 HTAFC

Veteran Member
I've reopened this thread as there appears to have been significant developments to TLC's network

It appears that your wish has indeed been granted, TLC appear to have disappeared from Huddersfield save for their 90x routes, a lot of the routes appear to be in the hands of CT Plus now, presumably the Huddersfield tenders came up for renewal?

In better news their new website has arrived, came in quite useful as they don't accept contactless payments but do have a fare calculator on their website so you know exactly how much the fare is.
If ever there was a real-world example of "be careful what you wish for", this is it!

Bungle965

Established Member
Associate Staff
Buses & Coaches
If ever there was a real-world example of "be careful what you wish for", this is it!
I have to say I've never had a problem with them, I admit I'm not a regular user of them but the recent journeys I've taken with them the drivers have been friendly and buses have generally been quite presentable. Compared to some of the states the TLC buses were in externally.
The fact that they take contactless is an added bonus.

AndyHudds

CT are even worse, I'm incredulous at some of the stuff that happens with that CT, I'd rather have TLC back.

Just the other day, the 341 Stocksmoor service at 17.30 left Huddersfield bus station without picking up any passengers, bypassing the bay and shooting straight out of the bus station, leaving us shaking our heads in disbelief and incredulity. Unfortunately for CT one of the regular passengers that catches this service was on the phone immediately to the depot demanding that the driver return to collect the passengers, the person on the other end of the blower acquiesced, although I didn't hang round to see if it did return catching an alternative service home.

Status
Not open for further replies.