• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

S w t 158 159

Status
Not open for further replies.

STEVIEBOY1

Established Member
I was awaiting my local SWT from Raynes Park Yesterday and around 1630 ish, a nine coach train, which I think was the 1620 from WAT to Exeter came whizzing through, (Surprised it was 9 at that time), anyway I noticed on the front set, the SWT livery seemed to have "jazzed up" a bit, the orange at front and back, seemed to have long arrows/sunrise effect on it. It went through so fast I only glimpsed it. Are they having a bit of a refurb on the paintwork?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

59CosG95

Established Member
I was awaiting my local SWT from Raynes Park Yesterday and around 1630 ish, a nine coach train, which I think was the 1620 from WAT to Exeter came whizzing through, (Surprised it was 9 at that time), anyway I noticed on the front set, the SWT livery seemed to have "jazzed up" a bit, the orange at front and back, seemed to have long arrows/sunrise effect on it. It went through so fast I only glimpsed it. Are they having a bit of a refurb on the paintwork?

Yes; 159103 has received an updated version of the livery, adding 'speed strips' to the orange. The doors have also been repainted yellow.

Juniper Driver

Established Member
Yes; 159103 has received an updated version of the livery, adding 'speed strips' to the orange. The doors have also been repainted yellow.

Been on that,the engine almost purrs,sounds great.Good old Salisbury,do a great job keeping these units running.

iantherev

I suspect it was strengthened because of likely demand inbound from rugby supporters. It's almost certain that the rear 6 coaches would come off at Salisbury.

Status
Not open for further replies.