• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Scotrail assessment conductor

Status
Not open for further replies.

jumbo747

Hello i have a conductor assessment for scotrail coming up can anybody give me any pointers as to what i can expect many thanks for any help

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

SCR

You will take two tests. One is a comprehension test, read the passage and select the correct answer from below, multiple choice and quite easy just take your time and read it properly. The other is a concentration test, it will be lines of symbols. You will be asked to go through them one line at a time and score out a predetermined one. You will then go on and score out a predetermined one and the first one of every line, but only on that line.

Read over your practice material, I also advise to try find some similar tests online and give them a go.

Hope this helps and best of luck.

Anyone recently heard back from Scotrail regarding to their conductor or ticket examiner role application?
I already completed an online test for one of role but still no response. Two weeks ago I did these tests. About other application still no feedback and I applied two months ago.

LewisMac98

You will take two tests. One is a comprehension test, read the passage and select the correct answer from below, multiple choice and quite easy just take your time and read it properly. The other is a concentration test, it will be lines of symbols. You will be asked to go through them one line at a time and score out a predetermined one. You will then go on and score out a predetermined one and the first one of every line, but only on that line.

Read over your practice material, I also advise to try find some similar tests online and give them a go.

Hope this helps and best of luck.
Hi there could you elaborate on the concentration test please?

Scotrail84

Established Member
Hi there could you elaborate on the concentration test please?
Its a test of concentration and the ability to follow instructions. You'll be asked to mark/score off a certain shape or symbol in each line on a page full of different shapes.

For example they may ask you to score off every square on each row. Then you have to mark them off but be accurate. The whole point is not to see if you can finish the page (people rarely do) its to see whether you can concentrate on one thing but be accurate and consistent.

Samsanbor

Do you remember how many questions you had to answer and what was the time limit given?
Was the concentration test, paper based or computer based and how many sheets and what was the time limit?
Many thanks and Happy New Year!

Inspired123

Hi guys. Just a quick one. Might be very specific but if anyone is involved in the industry or has been involved in selection processes. Be applied and hoping to become a trainee train driver and have looked over the stages of application. The medical seems a formality in terms of alcohol, drugs, eye sight etc but does anyone have any idea what their views on someone with a kidney transplant would be? Would this alter any potential employment?

Tevion539

Do you remember how many questions you had to answer and what was the time limit given?
Was the concentration test, paper based or computer based and how many sheets and what was the time limit?
Many thanks and Happy New Year!
I'd we're talking about a SCAAT, online or paper, they both seem to be exactly the same. You get three sections, with three pages per section. You are told when to go to the next page if on paper, or the website shows the next "block" once it is time if done online. The test last roughly 45 minutes if memory serves right.

Each section varies. With section one, you are looking for one shape. In section two, you are looking for two shapes. In section three you are looking for two shapes again, but the main difference being: one shape that's specified in the instructions befor the section and whatever shape appears at the start of the line you are currently on.

I hope this answers your question.

Status
Not open for further replies.