• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

ScotRail HST Introduction - Updates & Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Azzy49

So with them getting their 5th Carriage... just for Clarification and I know it's stupid to ask but are the 4 Carriage sets getting a 5th Coach or is it new Sets?

Does anyone know how many seats are in the 5th carriage??
Would be same as the normal non buffet/first class Carriages I assume

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

On Moderation
So with them getting their 5th Carriage... just for Clarification and I know it's stupid to ask but are the 4 Carriage sets getting a 5th Coach or is it new Sets?

Would be same as the normal non buffet/first class Carriages I assume
17 of the 4-car sets are getting a 5th carriage (additional Trailer Standard) added.

hexagon789

Veteran Member
Does anyone know how many seats are in the 5th carriage??
74 standard plus one normal toilet.

They are extra TSL vehicles so identical to the present TSL (Coach D).
17 of the sets augmented

najaB

Veteran Member
1 might cause a challenge since its a main passenger platform
Obviously it would only occupy the platform long enough for the driver to switch ends. They could even have a second driver in the rear cab from Millerhill and round the Sub, ready to take over and drive to the depot.

Azzy49

Obviously it would only occupy the platform long enough for the driver to switch ends. They could even have a second driver in the rear cab from Millerhill and round the Sub, ready to take over and drive to the depot.
That's good logic, I mean it saves time too. So when will this take Place? I thought it was taking place the other Day.

theblackwatch

Established Member
Right, thank you. I've got College Tomorrow from 9am to 1pm so might have to look at YouTube or Photo's.
I wouldn't bother holding your breath for it to run, most moves north from Wabtec are cancelled at least twice and tend to run 2-3 weeks after they first appeared. Hopefully I'll be wrong though...

JModulo

Reports on a Facebook group that it will be HA02 going south today, with HA19 being released from Doncaster on the 29th. This will come north as an 8 car with 4 additional coaches, 1 to be retained with HA19 to form the first 5 car and carry out tests around the network, whilst the other 3 will be stored at Slateford yard.

InvHst

Reports on a Facebook group that it will be HA02 going south today, with HA19 being released from Doncaster on the 29th. This will come north as an 8 car with 4 additional coaches, 1 to be retained with HA19 to form the first 5 car and carry out tests around the network, whilst the other 3 will be stored at Slateford yard.
Well sadly its been cancelled

Goldromans

Since today’s move from Slateford to Doncaster has been cancelled, does this mean tomorrow’s Doncaster-Haymarket delivery will be cancelled too?

InOban

Established Member
Following the discussion some posts back about the capacity of platform 0 at Haymarket, I notice that today's path is through Waverley. Been autoactivated this morning so that's no guarantee of actual operation, but here's hoping!

cancelled yet again.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.