• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Scotrail Ticket Examiner

Status
Not open for further replies.

M8r56gh

Hi all,
I have got upcoming interview for Ticket examiner in Scotrail and wondering what possible Questions they ask and any advice? Thanks in anticipation.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Charladenz

Hi @M8r56gh Can I ask when you applied for the post and how long it took to get an interview? Is your interview at the local station you'll be employed at or is it Glasgow?

Id have a look on YouTube, they have alot of tips on what will be asked. Also Google 'STAR' interview, that will help you get prepared. Good luck :)

Last edited:

CreamNCookies

I assume a ticket inspector may be like similar to the interview of a conductor.

Id brush up on questions like;
-What do you know about Scotrail?
-Explain what skills and experience you can bring to this role?
-Tell us about a time when you have dealt with an unexpected or pressurised situation?
-Give an example of great customer service?

But have a dig around, i'm sure you'll find more tips and hints.

Charladenz

Also if you search in the Rail Forum itself for 'ticket examiner' a few posts down someone gives some questions they were asked. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.