• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Sealink Ferry on Channel 4's It's A Sin

Status
Not open for further replies.

Steddenm

Screenshot_20210126-185815_Twitter.jpg

The ferry above is shown on Channel 4's brilliant drama from Red Productions, It's A Sin.

I'm just wondering whether or not the ferry is realistic and if it would travel to/from the Isle of Wight?

For those that don't know, It's A Sin is set in the 80s.

Thanks.

(Image shows a Sealink-branded ferry with the British Rail double-arrow logo and is taken from Red Productions' video on Twitter)[/I]

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Gloster

Established Member
Caedmon was used on the Portsmouth-Fishbourne route from 1973 to 1983 and then on Lymington-Yarmouth one until withdrawn in 2010. She had two sisters: Cenred and Cenwulf. All from memory and her entry on Wikipedia.

Cowley

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Global Moderator
Caedmon was used on the Portsmouth-Fishbourne route from 1973 to 1983 and then on Lymington-Yarmouth one until withdrawn in 2010. She had two sisters: Cenred and Cenwulf. All from memory and her entry on Wikipedia.
I was looking at and thinking that although I travelled on them as well as the hovercraft quite a few times in those days, I just wasn’t sure enough to say that it definitely does look correct, but it does to me.

Established Member
I was looking at and thinking that although I travelled on them as well as the hovercraft quite a few times in those days, I just wasn’t sure enough to say that it definitely does look correct, but it does to me.
Almost spot on to me. Been on them a few times in the later years before the Wight Light/Sky/Sun took over.

Just happened to start reading a book called 'The Fishbourne Car Ferry' which will have the C class vessels in.

Peter Mugridge

Veteran Member
Here's one of her sister ships ( Cenred ) at Lymington on 10th August 1985; I do have some of Caedmon but not particularly good ones - at least not as far as I've logged in my database yet.

Note the later version of the livery - I think I prefer the original BR version!

Attachments

• Peter Archive 1772.jpg
    Peter Archive 1772.jpg
    771.8 KB · Views: 54
Status
Not open for further replies.