• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Seat Frog not working again?

Status
Not open for further replies.

BluePenguin

On Moderation
I am travelling to Blackpool tomorrow with some friends. I decided to try my luck on Seatfrog to see if I could bag us some cheap First Class upgrades, but was unsuccessful as usual. I don’t think the app is working at the moment.

The auction closed early and the starting price of £16 was much more than we were looking to pay anyway. We booked early and got some advance tickets at a fantastic price. With this in mind the app must have realised that paying £16 upgrade to upgrade a £10 ticket was nonsensical so did not give us the option?

I am struggling to get excited about Seatfrog these days. The bidding is naff, the prices are too steep and there is no guarantee that the First Class offering on the day will be good value. I will have a walk down the train tomorrow to see whether we missed out or not.

If it turns out that the catering does go ahead, are there any reasonable and affordable on the day upgrades we could take up?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

TT-ONR-NRN

Established Member
I am travelling to Blackpool tomorrow with some friends. I decided to try my luck on Seatfrog to see if I could bag us some cheap First Class upgrades, but was unsuccessful as usual. I don’t think the app is working at the moment.

The auction closed early and the starting price of £16 was much more than we were looking to pay anyway. We booked early and got some advance tickets at a fantastic price. With this in mind the app must have realised that paying £16 upgrade to upgrade a £10 ticket was nonsensical so did not give us the option?

I am struggling to get excited about Seatfrog these days. The bidding is naff, the prices are too steep and there is no guarantee that the First Class offering on the day will be good value. I will have a walk down the train tomorrow to see whether we missed out or not.

If it turns out that the catering does go ahead, are there any reasonable and affordable on the day upgrades we could take up?
The price for Seatfrog is a fixed starting price for any journey, so it would also be £16 from London to Blackpool. So it’s great for long journeys but pointless for short ones.

Status
Not open for further replies.