• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Seating plans project

Status
Not open for further replies.

pt_mad

Established Member
What software are people using to create these personalised seat plans?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Ogmore7035

I live in Northampton so we only have 350/1, 350/2 and 350/3 sets. You cannot reserve a seat. The arrangement of the seats in the 350/2s is 3 and 2 without tables in standard class. In my view they are totally unsuited to Euston to Birmingham services and should be restricted to local - all stations services south of Milton Keynes. The 350/1 and 350/3 have 2 plus 2 with 4 tables per side and the rest of the seating is airline seats. All the table seats have a window and most of the airline seats do as well.

sk688

Has anyone got any information on seating plans for the Caledonian Sleeper ( Seating Coach A ) - on London to Euston services ?

Am travelling this service for the first time , and am unsure of direction of travel when booking seats ( get trainsick when sitting in opposite direction to direction of travel ) , so any advice on direction of travel would be helpful

InterCity:125

Following a request by forum staff, I have begun creating seating plans in greater detail than those typically available online. The priority will be reservable services, with non-reservable to follow. The plans will show the location of plug sockets, seats with window view, toilets, luggage areas, and so on.

Moreover, the plans will be consistent and all in one place.

Please note that, for the time being, you will need Excel on a computer to view the seating plans optimally. This is an ongoing project and further information will follow about units that require cross-checking.

Nice idea, you should make a website like https://www.seatguru.com/

tomwills98

Don't know if there's one online but I've got one saved

Attachments

• Gerald Seating Plan.PNG
    Gerald Seating Plan.PNG
    73.9 KB · Views: 238

Grumpy Git

On Moderation
I can't understand why the TOCs don't offer seating plans with the window to seat relationship shown to an exact scale. Other than they can't be bothered?

Mitchell Hurd

On Moderation
Well. I caught the 18:00 from Bristol Temple Meads to Didcot Parkway on the 02/01/20 and basically discovered that the seating layout for Coach H on the 9-car GWR IET's doesn't match the online layout (partly or entirely). I had seat H57 reserved which I thought was a forward facing window table seat - nope, it was a forward facing window airline seat as the 9-car train was in reverse formation, so can't really complain here :)! I had a look at the online seating plan as on IET's, I'm successful in being able to reserve a window table seat.

So if anyone books a seat on a GWR IET online and is given Coach H then just be aware that your table seat might be an airline one on the 9-car sets. I think the 10-car ones are fine for Coach H.

I mentioned it to GWR that evening but I don't know if the DM got through - next time I have a seat reserved in Coach H when I book online, I'll mention it to them.

Status
Not open for further replies.