• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Secrets of the Royal Train

Status
Not open for further replies.

ANDREW_D_WEBB

This is on Channel 5 at 19:00. A ‘documentary looking at the most luxurious locomotive in history’. With an accurate write up like that, can’t wait to see this masterpiece :D

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Interesting but the programme featured lots of clips of any old train that didn’t tally with the commentary. How disappointing too that Nigel Havers didn’t query his script; surely a chap of his calibre should know the difference between a train and a locomotive. Finally there was mention of a royal called Meghan but I think that’s another story

ANDREW_D_WEBB

Interesting but the programme featured lots of clips of any old train that didn’t tally with the commentary. How disappointing too that Nigel Havers didn’t query his script; surely a chap of his calibre should know the difference between a train and a locomotive. Finally there was mention of a royal called Meghan but I think that’s another story
A lot of the random shots were of Union of South Africa hauling a rake of West Coast stock with a Pullman car in the consist. IIRC this was used for the opening of the Borders Railway by the Queen. One of several shots where the Royal Train (i.e the train conveying the monarchy) was not formed of the dedicated Royal Train stock.

Mcr Warrior

Veteran Member
I think that programme was on some time ago.
Believe it was first aired as a two-parter on Channel 5 in August / September 2020.

C5 do have previous though for re-broadcasting very slightly revised programmes, "as new".

Status
Not open for further replies.