• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Seeing forum members unexpectedly

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

roversfan2001

Established Member
I’m currently at the ‘Spoons in Preston town centre and a couple of people on the table next to me have been talking in detail about Transport for Wales services for a while now, so if you’re on here, hi!

Watershed

Veteran Member
Associate Staff
Senior Fares Advisor
I saw @tspaul26 just as I was getting off my train today! A chance encounter.

johnnychips

Established Member
Does anybody else have anomia? In its severest form, you just can’t remember anybody’s name, but I’m sure I have it to some extent. So I might recognise a forum member’s face on a station, but be embarrassed to approach them as I can’t remember their name. It’s the same on forum meets: I might have had a great discussion about something - probably trains - when we met before, but I just can’t remember their name. In general ‘Dave’ seems to be the forum member’s average (modal) name, but this will evidently be less than 5%. :D

D365

Veteran Member
In general ‘Dave’ seems to be the forum member’s average (modal) name, but this will evidently be less than 5%. :D
Unless I have the same problem, I don’t remember meeting any other RailUK Daves!

yorkie

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
Unless I have the same problem, I don’t remember meeting any other RailUK Daves!
We seem to have more Davids than Daves.

Meanwhile I understand @Mag_seven saw a forum member unexpectedly after getting off my train at Leeds station today (though given who that member is, and given they had been out for an LNER Class 91 working, it probably wasn't that unexpected ;))

Crossover

Established Member
Does this count?
View attachment 96392
(Spotted in Homebase in Selly Oak)
Pun intended? :lol:

We seem to have more Davids than Daves.

Meanwhile I understand @Mag_seven saw a forum member unexpectedly after getting off my train at Leeds station today (though given who that member is, and given they had been out for an LNER Class 91 working, it probably wasn't that unexpected ;))
Not unexpected at all if it is who I think it is ;)

Blindtraveler

Established Member
Just had @Blindtraveler on my bus for the second day in a row.
And a very pleasant drive it was 2 on both occasions although I should imagine the temporary driver relief point at the west end due to ongoing North bridge works is a right pain in the backside.

Hoping one day for a quiet service and longer journey so we can catch up and chew the fat

And as if this 2-days surprised wasn't enough, the reason I was in town today was because of an unexpected flying visit by @Crossover and his other half who came on a random 397 bashing jolly and stayed for just long enough to explore or a branch of pizza express and take a few random photos of buses

Mojo

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
I think I might have seen @Hadders outside Kings + station yesterday. He was on the phone at the time so didn't want to disturb, and I was in my work vehicle so he wouldn't have seen me!

Hadders

Veteran Member
Associate Staff
Senior Fares Advisor
I think I might have seen @Hadders outside Kings + station yesterday. He was on the phone at the time so didn't want to disturb, and I was in my work vehicle so he wouldn't have seen me!

Indeed I was at Kings Cross about 18:45 yesterday, and I was on the phone!