• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Semaphore signals near London.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kentish Paul

Took my first trip to Greenford from Paddington yesterday and was surprised to see semaphores in operation in the Greenford area. All controlled by Greenford East signal box with good old wires !

Anything similar this close to London ?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Deepgreen

Established Member
Took my first trip to Greenford from Paddington yesterday and was surprised to see semaphores in operation in the Greenford area. All controlled by Greenford East signal box with good old wires !

It is an amazing survivor. Haven't been there for a while but only quite recently it was possible to see 'modern' LU (1992) stock operating past the terminal middle platform's lower quadrant starter! Very incongruous.

Greenford 2 by Ian Docwra, on Flickr

Last edited:

Deepgreen

Established Member

It is an amazing survivor. Haven't been there for a while but only quite recently it was possible to see 'modern' LU (1992) stock operating past the terminal middle platform's lower quadrant starter! Very incongruous.

Attachments

• 7906448450_8a1d04b093_z.jpg
    7906448450_8a1d04b093_z.jpg
    233 KB · Views: 34
Status
Not open for further replies.