• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Settlement Association

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

LSWR Cavalier

Established Member
Dover, I was thinking of, 'a better known place'
Thought of Dovers Hill first (cycling uphill) actually, but that is not a settlement
Dovercourt is by Harwich

OK?

Please correct if I have broken the rules

Legend records that St Osgyth, after whom St Osyth was named, was beheaded by an assailant and that a spring appeared where her head fell to the ground. A similar story is told of St Winifrede: St Winifrede's Well is a popular shrine at Holywell in Flintshire.

Springs Branch

Established Member
In the TV series The Thick Of It, whilst referring to a particularly nasty political fracas, angry Scottish protagonist Jamie McDonald announces ".... it's like a pub fight! Motherwell Rules!"

A more established and gentlemanly fighting code was that proposed by the 9th Marquess of Queensbury, whose ancestral seat was at the Dumfriesshire village of Cummertrees.

hst43102

Winston Churchill, who was born in Woodstock, Oxfordshire, was MP of Wanstead and Woodford from 1945 to 1964.

Wigtown, in Dumfries and Galloway, is also a 'National Book Town' in recognition of its large number of second-hand bookshops.

Sorry, for some reason I can no longer do bold type on this site.

ainsworth74

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Global Moderator
Sorry, for some reason I can no longer do bold type on this site.

It should still be available by hitting the large 'B':

B.png

If it's greyed out like below:

Grey B.png

Then hit the cog on the far right of the formatting bar:

Cog.png

And that should re-enable it :)

From 1864 To 1871 unsuccessful attempts were made to enclose and develop Wimbledon Common by the Lord of the Manor, the 5th Earl Spencer, who was born at Spencer House in St James, London.