• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Shall I ask permission from Nexus before filming journeys on the Tyne and Wear Metro?

Status
Not open for further replies.

SouthEastBuses

On Moderation
I know this has appeared many times on Railforums, but I'd thought I'd ask this question.

Apparently, the requirement for permission before filming on the Tyne and Wear Metro network also applies to rail enthusiasts (which isn't the case on the National Rail network iirc) who only film without making profit from their social media networks (such as YouTube). I'm one of the people who films public transport journeys and uploads them onto YouTube (without monetisation / making money out of it), and because I like to be a "good boy", I always want to inform myself on various laws concerning filming and photography.

So, I'd like to film full journeys on the entire Tyne and Wear Metro network, sitting and filming at the front (in the passenger area of course). But shall I ask permission or just use common sense, as I like to be a good citizen and make sure I'm not braking any laws.

I'd love to hear your thoughts on this.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.