• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Shepperton Station Track Works

Status
Not open for further replies.

STEVIEBOY1

Established Member
I have noticed at Shepperton station on SWR, they seem to have taken up the track opposite the platform which is some times used as train storage or for shunting etc? I wonder if anyone knows why they have done that and if there are plans to rebuild the 2nd platform. I think there have been rumors about that.?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

BS56

I read on a FB page that it will be re-laid with new track. Only the other day I was in Bishops Stortford Herts and noticed that the last remaining siding in the former goods yard which is used to store tamper machines on has been completely renewed with new rails , concrete sleepers & clean ballast. Along with a new point leading to the trap siding!

STEVIEBOY1

Established Member
I read on a FB page that it will be re-laid with new track. Only the other day I was in Bishops Stortford Herts and noticed that the last remaining siding in the former goods yard which is used to store tamper machines on has been completely renewed with new rails , concrete sleepers & clean ballast. Along with a new point leading to the trap siding!
That's interesting, I wonder if there are plans for it then.? As mentioned before, trains etc were stored there sometimes, although this has not happened so much in recent years, owing to the local yobs vandalising the trains etc.,

STEVIEBOY1

Established Member
Is the pullman car Malaga still next to this track?

Good morning,

Yes Malaga is still there on a very short bit of track, it was used I think, as a board room or dining room for the Ian Allen company, who had travel and rail interests, however I think they sold their travel agent side in the past year or so. The travel shop has gone now, not sure about the business travel which was located in another building near by. I am not sure who owns Malaga.

It looks to be in very good condition as it is protected from the weather by the adjacent buildings and a canopy over head and was only repainted a year or so ago. It would be good if it could be bought back into passenger service when things ever get better, either as an extra carriage for the VSOE/Belmon British Pullman or the Brighton Belle which is being rebuilt, or failing either of those, maybe as another dining car on the likes of the Mid Hants, Bluebell or KESR for example. It has 12 wheels rather than the usual 8. I don't know when it was built and what routes it used to be in service on?

Status
Not open for further replies.