• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Shepperton To Blackfriars fare

Status
Not open for further replies.

STEVIEBOY1

Established Member
Hi, all being well. I will need to travel from Shepperton (SHP) To Blackfriars on a Saturday for the day.

I have a network south east card and plan to travel around 0900 hrs changing from SWR to Thameslink at Wimbledon.

Will it be ok to buy a SHP to London Terminals ticket at £ 8.85 for that routing, when I looked on SWR & XC Websites they only offer a travelcard at £ 11.75?

Thanks.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Veteran Member
National Rail website allows that route. I had to put Via Herne Hill to get a non Underground route to show.

Alfonso

Unless you have mobility problems or heavy bags, a direct train to Waterloo and a 15 ISH minute walk might be a more reliable choice

swt_passenger

Veteran Member
Shepperton > Wimbledon > Blackfriars via Thameslink for next Saturday is coming up on NRES by default without needing any intervention with via points now, (at about 0945).

For me, SWR’s planner is accepting London Blackfriars (BFR) but planning a route to Biggleswade... o_O

STEVIEBOY1

Established Member
National Rail website allows that route. I had to put Via Herne Hill to get a non Underground route to show.

Ok, I think I tried showing via Tooting earlier.

Following above tips, I tried putting via Herne Hill on one Tocs website but it still came up with a higher, travel card fare, however XC & TL came up with the cheaper London Terminals fare, so will go for that and take print out incase of any queries.

Last edited:

Alfonso

OK, are there problems with Thameslink then?
Not that I know of, but one train and a walk has less to go wrong than two trains. Having said that, I'm sure someone's mentioned the odd issue with Thameslink...

Status
Not open for further replies.