• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Sherburn in Elmet not being allowed as 'via' point in NRE journey planner

Status
Not open for further replies.

mikeg

Established Member
Hi, I was planning a hypothetical journey (as you do!) and I notice if I type in Sherburn in Elmet or SIE into the NRE journey planner it comes up no stations found. Oddly it can be put as an origin, just not a via/avoid point. Anyone know any reason for this? I'd assume it'd take some doing to remove it from the via/avoid without removing SIE as an origin/destination. Perhaps an overzealous attempt to close down anyone looking for good value fares this way? Either way there are plenty of legitimate reasons to travel via SIE so this seems more than a little ridiculous. RDG up to their usual tricks?

Attachments

• Screenshot from 2021-01-21 16-31-53.png
    Screenshot from 2021-01-21 16-31-53.png
    207.4 KB · Views: 28
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

_toommm_

Established Member
It seems to work for me, although I am on the mobile site.
Have you tried clearing the cache on your browser?

CF0EF70C-7DA2-4E0C-A476-3B91583B1140.png

mikeg

Established Member
No clearing of cache but works for me now, to clarify it'd let me type in all manner of other stations and also tried it in Chrome. I guess it'll have to go down as 'one of those things'.

JB_B

Established Member
... Perhaps an overzealous attempt to close down anyone looking for good value fares this way? Either way there are plenty of legitimate reasons to travel via SIE so this seems more than a little ridiculous. RDG up to their usual tricks?...

I think that's very unlikely. Just one of many (mostly transient) bugs on the national rail site.

D6975

Established Member
Or not transient as the case may be. Try looking up the price of

Freedom of the North West 7 Day Rover​

It's been like that for over a year.

AnyFile

sorry I will continue here about
the Freedom of the North West 7 Day Rover

I suspect something odds in the National Rail web site about the information about this rover
You can find two pages, one for the 7 day rover and one for 4 days in 8 days
Freedom of the North West 7 Day Rover
Freedom of the North West 4 in 8 Day Rover
However if you look at the two pages, the titles are different but the text about the validity and the price are the same. They both refer to the 4 days in 8 day.

On the web site GB Rail Rover Guide I can only find this one (the name is different, but may be the same ticket)
NORTH WEST ROVER

In this page the price are stated as
  • 4 in 8 days - adult 81.80 GBP
  • 7 days - adult 91.70 GBP
If these are the correct price, the 7 day rover is more expensive than what is reported in the NR website
(and if these are the price, by the way, it looks like the 7 day would be usually a better option than the other one - unless you use it just for 4 days or some other cases)

In all of the 3 pages linked above you can find a map of the are where these rover are valid.

D6975

Established Member
However if you look at the two pages, the titles are different but the text about the validity and the price are the same. They both refer to the 4 days in 8 day.
No they don't, the 4 in 8 refers to the 4 in 8 NW rover, but the 7 day refers to the Coast and Peaks rover. (although some of the info is coincidentally also correct for the NW 4 in 8)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.