• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Shirebrook to Inverness

Status
Not open for further replies.

pitdiver

In November or February my wife and I will be going to Orkney again. This time we are travelling by train. I would like to know is Shirebrook- Inverness via London a valid route using the Sleeper. So enabling me to buy through tickets or would I need to buy two separate tickets. We would be travelling Mon- Fri. Time is not an issue. We both hold PTAC's.(Privilege Ticket Authority Cards). Issued bt TfL

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Watershed

Veteran Member
Associate Staff
Senior Fares Advisor
You can't go via London without splitting. But you can go via Crewe or via Preston and join the sleeper at either of those stations. Note that if you want a berth, it's almost always cheaper to get a separate berth-inclusive ticket for the sleeper, rather than paying a berth supplement.

pitdiver

You can't go via London without splitting. But you can go via Crewe or via Preston and join the sleeper at either of those stations. Note that if you want a berth, it's almost always cheaper to get a separate berth-inclusive ticket for the sleeper, rather than paying a berth supplement.
After reviewing the times at Crewe and Preston I have decided to do the reverse journey Inverness to London Euston. However what would be the cheapest ticket option. It seems its £ 30 for two passengers. Is that correct?

Status
Not open for further replies.