• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Should the Govis Thameslink Railway route diagram poster reflect services currently running?

Status
Not open for further replies.

infobleep

Veteran Member
I was in Eastbourne station today and saw a poster showing a diagram of the routes Govia Thameslink Railway run trains on.

This poster had a date of April 2021. On it, it showed a limited service to Guildford.

However, they are not running any services to Guildford currently, so wouldn't it make sense to have some text explaining this?

I've attached a photo showing this.20210805_175650.jpg

Do other TOCs have services not currently running that they still show on their maps, with explanation?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

yorkie

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
I am not surprised that GTR have not produced a special map for the Covid timetable patterns, especially as changes can occur at such short notice these days.
Do other TOCs have services not currently running that they still show on their maps
Very probably yes.

It does say "other operators may provide additional services", which surely does cover it, as SWR operate most trains between Leatherhead and Guildford.

infobleep

Veteran Member
I am not surprised that GTR have not produced a special map for the Covid timetable patterns, especially as changes can occur at such short notice these days.

Very probably yes.

It does say "other operators may provide additional services", which surely does cover it, as SWR operate most trains between Leatherhead and Guildford.
I guess the thing with these particular services is that I can't see them running them for quite some time yet and I don't think they have run them since covid-19 reduced the timetable in March 2020.

Maybe I'm being too pessimistic in my outlook for train services.

I guess they could add a note stating not all train routes shown on this map may be running at this time. Please check online.

Horizon22

Established Member
Associate Staff
Jobs & Careers
Interesting Maidstone and Ashford are on the map. Hope it may run one day.

At least they've now changed it to "being planned" as opposed to the ambitious "2021" they used to have on their route maps!

Status
Not open for further replies.