• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Sleeper Priv Tickets

Status
Not open for further replies.

pitdiver

Good afternoon.
Am I right in assuming that the priv fares quoted for the Caley Sleeper in BR Fares are for two passengers or is just one person?
I am thinking of travelling from Inverness at the end of Nov with my wife so would I need to book in advance or can I buy on the day as at the moment not sure on which day we will be travelling?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Haywain

Veteran Member
Good afternoon.
Am I right in assuming that the priv fares quoted for the Caley Sleeper in BR Fares are for two passengers or is just one person?
I am thinking of travelling from Inverness at the end of Nov with my wife so would I need to book in advance or can I buy on the day as at the moment not sure on which day we will be travelling?
Buying in the day would be a major gamble on availability and is not advisable.

CW2

Established Member
Buying in the day would be a major gamble on availability and is not advisable.
I would second that - the number of Priv tickets sold per train is restricted, so you could lose out if you don't book in advance.
Prices quoted are per berth.

pitdiver

I wondered about whether it was per berth or per cabin as the price quoted on the Caley Sleeper website is for one or two passengers.
Obviously the rules are different for Priv card holders then. I think I will have to decide what day we are coming back the go to my nearest staffed Booking Office and sort it out there.

Status
Not open for further replies.