• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

South Harrow Sidings, lack of progress

Status
Not open for further replies.

pethadine82

On Moderation
My office overlooks south harrow station and the car park where the contractors are based.
Over the last year I have seen the progress, however I am very disappointed with the lack of progress and the speed.
I hardly see many people on the sidings doing the actual work, and they are mostly congregated in the car park.
I like to take walks in the park during my lunchbreak, and I use the footbridge to cross over the lines, and have direct vision.
TFL is in huge financial difficulty. Is this another contractor taking the tax payer for a ride? Over budget? Over schedule?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Snow1964

Established Member
There is an update on page 27 (pack page 30) of the TfL period 2 Finance report
Depots and stabling
We now have a revised programme for South Harrow sidings with the first four roads due to be commissioned in early July and the remaining eight roads to follow in winter 2022.

Power
All bidders for the high voltage power framework have been notified of the results. The ten-day mandatory standstill period, prior to the award, has been completed and all bidders have been notified.

Tubeboy

Four of the sidings are coming into use….according to the traffic circular….on 17th July.

Mawkie

South Harrow sidings have been taken out of use. Trains will be stabled in alternative locations for the duration of the closure.

Status
Not open for further replies.