• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Southeastern recruiting trainee drivers again

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Lbamgbose

I'm currently on training. The majority is remote learning via Microsoft teams. And when needed we attend the classrooms in Ashford or Orpington

Interesting. Thank you so much for your reply!! What depot are you going to

Lbamgbose

Have you been given a start date for grove park
How long have you been waiting for that depot
I havent done my assessment yet. Are going to be based at Grove Park, if so have you passed your assessments and interviews yet

DA1

Well done and good luck
There is quite a waiting list for grove park so I’d say if you are eager to start, be open minded for working depots

How do you know there’s a waiting list at Grove Park? Know anything about the other depots?

Lbamgbose

Well done and good luck
There is quite a waiting list for grove park so I’d say if you are eager to start, be open minded for working depots
Thank you!Grove park is 6 mins drive up the road from me, so not quite sure if it will be worth it going to another depot or just waiting, if there is a waiting list

DA1

Thank you!Grove park is 6 mins drive up the road from me, so not quite sure if it will be worth it going to another depot or just waiting, if there is a waiting list

Well I’m waiting for Slade Green or Dartford so I think they have waiting lists as well.

Lbamgbose

I haven’t been waiting long (around a month) but I’ve passed everything, just a medical and start date needed
Have you actually been told that your on a waiting List? I'm guessing you can't start until you have your medical, so regardless if there is space for you or not you would need to complete that first

Can anybody advise if Southeastern generally provide their drivers (trainee or experienced) with free parking facilities at driver depots (excluding Victoria and Charing Cross)?

Cheers

Gorlash1886

Have you actually been told that your on a waiting List? I'm guessing you can't start until you have your medical, so regardless if there is space for you or not you would need to complete that first
That's correct basically once you get your medical you would've had a provisional job offer

DA1

I haven’t been told but I’m waiting for a vacancy. As Gorlash said, when a vacancy arises then the ball is rolling again and I’ll get my medical/start date.

galahad08

Evening everyone, couple of questions. I have a DMI interview for Ashford Depot. I was wondering what type of questions were you asked. Secondly do they use your answers from the MMI interview or your original application for any questions

cheers

Blackkat

Evening everyone, couple of questions. I have a DMI interview for Ashford Depot. I was wondering what type of questions were you asked. Secondly do they use your answers from the MMI interview or your original application for any questions

cheers
Best advice
Learn the TPWS info sent
Read up all the tabs on the about us SE website
USE WIKIPEDIA
Practice STAR for descriptive questions of some scenarios where you provided good/great customer service in previous roles or life.
most of all be yourself honest and relaxed! Nothing from MMI is used.
getting this far means they want you, only you can change their mind to otherwise at this point.

Best advice
Learn the TPWS info sent
Read up all the tabs on the about us SE website
USE WIKIPEDIA
Practice STAR for descriptive questions of some scenarios where you provided good/great customer service in previous roles or life.
most of all be yourself honest and relaxed! Nothing from MMI is used.
getting this far means they want you, only you can change their mind to otherwise at this point.

Excellent advice. I'm in the same boat these coming weeks re DMI. Like Blackkat says, the hard bit is hopefully done. Do a little more homework and research and all the hard work will hopefully pay off.

Good luck with it.

Status
Not open for further replies.