• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Southern Conductor Depots

Status
Not open for further replies.

mwest123

Hello all.

I was just told by a friend that the conductor depots for Southern around 2010/2011 were: Barnham, Brighton, Horsham, Haywards Heath, South Croydon, East Croydon, Selhurst, Victoria, London Bridge, Eastbourne and Redhill.

Would anyone be able to tell me whether this is true at all, and if so, what traction and routes did they sign, as I am guessing the supposed 3 depots in the Croydon area were all narrowed down to specific routes and traction.

TIA

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Horizon22

Established Member
Associate Staff
Jobs & Careers
Hi, please see this thread for current info. Hasn't got everything in for Southern though.

Not sure there's anything at South Croydon, London Bridge or Haywards Heath though now. And many depots are now OBS, not Conductor.

mwest123

Hi, please see this thread for current info. Hasn't got everything in for Southern though.

Not sure there's anything at South Croydon, London Bridge or Haywards Heath though now. And many depots are now OBS, not Conductor.
Thank you, I was just posting to see if anyone recalled these depots being around in 2010 or so. The 3 depots you mentioned aren't anything now, apart from London Bridge which is a driver depot :)

Horizon22

Established Member
Associate Staff
Jobs & Careers
Thank you, I was just posting to see if anyone recalled these depots being around in 2010 or so. The 3 depots you mentioned aren't anything now, apart from London Bridge which is a driver depot :)

Its not as complete as it relies on user submissions. But other than those 3, the rest I believe are either OBS or mixed; the 4 in the thread are all conductor links & Selhurst is conductor only.

Its not as complete as it relies on user submissions. But other than those 3, the rest I believe are either OBS or mixed; the 4 in the thread are all conductor links & Selhurst is conductor only.

Only conductor depots were Eastbourne, Brighton, Barnham, Horsham, Redhill, Selhurst and Victoria

Lalzo

South Croydon & East Croydon wern't depots but East Croydon was a key crew change point for Norward and Selhurst depots on East Grinies and Uckfield services.

Status
Not open for further replies.