• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

St Albans Abbey & Marston Vale services to resume from 24 August

Status
Not open for further replies.

DarloRich

Veteran Member
West Midlands Trains have indicated that their London Northwestern (LNR) services will restart in August on both the Masrton Vale and St Albans branches.

Peak hours service first followed by full restoration, hopefully, by the end of the year.

Now, with increased numbers of traincrew available and more people using the railway, the operator has announced services will resume in the morning and evening peaks from Monday 24 August. It is hoped a fuller service will be restored by the end of the year.

Lawrence Bowman, customer experience director for LNR, said:

“I would like to thank our customers on the Marston Vale Line for their patience and understanding while we have been working hard to bring back their train service.

PS: Aye - you better have fixed the trains.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

DarloRich

Veteran Member
Don't worry, the rain is working fine, it's just storing up for August Bank Holiday :D

But in all seriousness, I do fear that the 230s will just have another summer of overheating and people will be wishing for the buses back! :)

Vivarail have said reliability modifications have been made during lockdown....................................................

S-Car-Go

Ohhh, and I finally came up with 'dragons' as a nickname for them too ;)

DarloRich

Veteran Member
We wait to see how the new service plays out. It must be cheaper than paying for buses carting very few people about. A cab on demand for any passengers would be cheaper IMO

GatwickDepress

Established Member
When I commuted to Bedford, most of the peak traffic consisted of college students and Ridgmont workers. With it being the school holidays, I can imagine it being a nice quiet turn for the crew at least.

I spent a week at Stewartby back in March and the peak was when the sixth form students left college. The nearest to any other peak was the cleaners from the sixth form going home a couple of hours later.

Did the issue with the crossing barriers on that line ever reach a satisfactory conclusion?

DarloRich

Veteran Member
Train services on both lines started this morning.

On the Vale it looks like: 0516, 0731, 1017, 1501, 1701 & 2025 trains from Bletchley are running. Buses run at other times.

Guess what? First ones were late. Plus ça change

Elecman

Established Member
One passed me last Thursday at Lidlington and definately stopped at the station Bedford bound

Established Member
Guess what? First ones were late. Plus ça change
Better than the Abbey where the 319 collapsed and the replacement bus then also gave up.

I see they've also finally started admitted the reductions everywhere continue until December (and beyond I expect!). The Liverpool correspondents on here will be shouting about being cut back to hourly all shacks again no doubt!

Last edited:

DarloRich

Veteran Member
Better than the Abbey where the 319 collapsed and the replacement bus then also gave up.

I see they've also finally started admitted the reductions everywhere continue until December (and beyond I expect!). The Liverpool correspondents on here will be shouting about being cut back to hourly all shacks again no doubt!

The quote seems to be: Full service by the end of the year if possible.

And....... there is a signal failure this evening.

Juat a broken down 230 for a bingo!

Last edited:

Mike395

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
Back on the Vale for the first time since March this morning, and noticed we stopped completely just shy of Kempston Hardwick LC for a couple of minutes - I'm assuming some element of the problems are still ongoing, or is this just the CCTV crossing operator taking a moment to notice us there?

bengley

Established Member
Back on the Vale for the first time since March this morning, and noticed we stopped completely just shy of Kempston Hardwick LC for a couple of minutes - I'm assuming some element of the problems are still ongoing, or is this just the CCTV crossing operator taking a moment to notice us there?

The CCTV crossing operator is the signaller and it's very unlikely that they simply forgot to initiate the crossing close sequence before you got there - it's likely there was a fault of some description.

DarloRich

Veteran Member
The CCTV crossing operator is the signaller and it's very unlikely that they simply forgot to initiate the crossing close sequence before you got there - it's likely there was a fault of some description.

It is STILL broken.

Status
Not open for further replies.