• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

St Pancras International Barriers (SE side)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kentish Paul

Arrived this morning on the 10:43 ex Ashford International. On arrival at STP i walked slowly down the platform (having travelled in coach 11 of 12). to let the crowds clear.

When I got to the barrier it was three or four people deep. It appeared that hardly anyones ticket was working the barriers. Large numbers or passengers at the gates all looking confused because their tickets would not work.

ALL were let through with no problem. Surely it is time Southeastern sorted their ticket codes out as i suspect from the amount of luggage being carried, that most passengers (not customers <() were travalling way beyond the network area and this throws up the old "not valid on HS1 or any permitted" nonsence.

Never had this on a Ashford International to Castle Cary ticket, although it would never go through the barriers at St Pancras. Everyone else seemed to know what was valid including LUL !

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

jon0844

Veteran Member
I was told they'd updated the software after one of my usually rejected tickets worked, but I guess they've got a fair few left to do.

They do indeed just let everyone through in the end, and gateline staff are well aware of the problems and joke about it quite freely. Clearly they can't fix them though, but SET management can't be overly concerned either.

Status
Not open for further replies.